The Retail Attendant provides customer service, assistance and performs sales transactions for the Gift Shop.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Perform cash, comp and credit card sales transactions for Gift Shop.
• Responsible for safeguarding and balancing bank and daily revenue generated by gift Shop.
• Assist customers with product selection.
• Cleans and re stocks Gift shops during slow periods
• Serve as information resource; display knowledge of current and upcoming events.
• Protect the assets of PR&C by knowing product lines, keeping track of merchandise, accurate accounting procedures and customer service.
• Logically and independently plan, organize and complete work in a timely manner.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing when required to both customers and employees at all levels.
• Comply with PR&C and Department Policies and Procedures, Service Guarantees and safety and emergency procedures.
• To insure and make known that Pechanga business is carried out economically, efficiently, effectively and in accordance with Company policies with the purpose of ensuring accountability”
• Ensure that all billable services are properly reported and accurately reflected in the Stratton Warren and financial statements.
• Ensure that adjustments are appropriate and approved.
• Ensure that the recording and reporting of all Pechanga assets is carried out in accordance with current SOP’s and Policies and Procedures; compliance with all internal controls and outside Agency Regulations are maintained and internal controls and procedures are efficient, effective and economical.
• Other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least one year of retail or related experience is required and cash register experience a plus to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos as well as the ability to write simple correspondence. This position also requires the ability to communicate and present product information to customers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: N/A
• Minimum 6 (six) months to 1 (one) year of cash handling experience in a Retail or Customer Service environment.
• Ability to multi task and work in a high paced environment.
• Ability to work under stressful situations.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.