Front Services Assistant Manager
The Front Services Assistant Manager promotes and maintains the utmost integrity and the highest caliber of customer service to all guests within the Hotel operation. This position also supervises the Valet, Bell desk, and transportation department.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Provide clear direction, instruction, and guidance to guests, Supervisors and Team Members.
• Supervise staff including recruitment, training, counseling, performance evaluation and discipline.
• Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy resort activity, serving as a leader and role model for other employees. Resolve guest concerns and complaints by conducting thorough investigations and determining the most effective solutions.
• Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
• Listen and respond to guest inquiries in a positive and articulate manner.
• Provide direction, instruction and guidance. Attend meetings and participate in conducting staff meetings to ensure timely and effective communication.
• Organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
• Monitor performance to ensure workload is distributed and balanced appropriately.
• Develop and recommend short- and long-term goals.
• Develop and recommend improvements that support business plans improving over all satisfaction.
• Collaborate with other departments in regards to service issues and customer expectations.
• Access and input information using a moderately complex computer system.
• Maintain neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
• Develop, recommend, and implement policies and procedures and make sure all guidelines are being followed.
• To insure and make known that Pechanga business is carried out economically, efficiently, effectively and in accordance with Company policies with the purpose of ensuring accountability
• Ensure that all billable services are properly reported and accurately reflected in the Opera System and financial statements.
• Ensure that adjustments to revenue are appropriate and approved.
• Ensuring that the recording and reporting of Pechanga revenue is carried out in accordance with current requirements, accountability exists for cash and cash equivalents received by the hotel and such accountability are properly maintained. Thus, ensuring compliance with the requirements of the provisions of Hotel Operation internal controls, Outside Agency Regulations and good business practices and that internal controls and procedures are efficient, effective and economical.
• Other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Front Service Assistant Manager position has supervisory responsibilities including departmental hiring, corrective action, terminations, and team member relation issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; and at least 2 years’ relative experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a CA Drivers’ License.
• Make eye contact while speaking.
• Ability to work under stressful situations being mentally strong and able to cope with many challenges.
• Professional demeanor.
• Ability to supervise and delegate
• Must be willing to work weekends and/or holidays when necessary.
• Must be flexible with hours and / or shifts.
• Working knowledge of property management system.
• Ability to work in hot/cold/wet conditions.
• Maintain favorable working relationships with all departments and team members, to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment.
• Able to act independently while analyzing data and drawing conclusions from written and computer-generated materials.
• Ensures the front entrance is clean, organized and free of health and safety hazards. Reporting and unsafe equipment or unusual situation to immediate supervisor.
• Provide instruction and / or guidance for guest / team members in fire or any other emergency situations.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.