Golf Irrigation Technician
The Golf Irrigation Technician will oversee the performance of the entire Golf Course irrigation system, maintenance and service.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Make recommendations for improvements of irrigation system to ensure complete coverage.
• Knowledgeable to ensure irrigation system is 100% operational, including oversight of all repairs.
• Knowledgeable to replace damaged irrigation parts as needed.
• Knowledgeable of all isolation valves, mainlines, quick couplers, and heads.
• Knowledgeable of turf water needs.
• Knowledgeable in pressure requirements and flow.
• Knowledgeable in drainage requirements.
• Knowledgeable in basic electrical.
• Knowledgeable in operation of hand tools, trencher, backhoe, pump stations, and other required equipment.
• Maintain designated work vehicle in clean and tidy condition.
• Responsible for all hand tools and power equipment supplied to him/her personally.
• Demonstrate use of proper safety equipment at all times.
• Cover other areas when necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Irrigation Technician is an integral part of the golf course management team; The Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, Irrigation Technician, and Equipment Technician work together as a management team for the department.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. This position is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one (1) year certificate from college or technical school specifically in Golf Course Irrigation; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Team Members of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Certified Toro or Rainbird Irrigation Central computer system operator and programmer.
• Certifications in CAD based Irrigation system is required.
• Knowledge of GC Pump Station service and maintenance requirements.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.