The Executive Chef is responsible for preparation of all food products and kitchen sanitation in accordance with Health Department codes. This position also operates the kitchens in a profitable manner as outlined in the annual budget. Responsible for continuous operation of all PR&C food service
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Oversee Culinary and Stewarding departments
• Ensure compliance to company and departmental policies and procedures
• Implementation and execution of all kitchen and stewarding operational and administrative systems
• Ensure consistently high quality food product through food preparation and presentation in all outlets and banquet events
• Ensure the highest degree of safety and sanitation with regard to food handling, ware washing, and kitchen cleaning duties are maintained at all times
• Responsible for maintaining food cost, labor cost and operating expenses at or below the level stated in the annual budgets
• Set measurable goals for team members to ensure continued professional growth
• Assist in preparation of annual budgets
• Assist as requested in development of projects and strategic planning as requested by Vice President of F&B
• Attend and conduct meetings as required
• Ensure a safe working environment for all team members
• Requires working knowledge of computers to include programs presently being used by PR&C
• Ability to effectively lead and administer a department of 700 plus team members
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and functions
• Experience in equipment specification
• Responsible for knowledge of all culinary departments
• Other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Executive Chef position has managerial responsibilities including departmental hiring, corrective actions, termination, team member relation issues, forecasting & budgeting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 10 years as an Executive Chef; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. This position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• ServSafe Certificate
• Qualify to obtain a Class A gaming license
• Computer literate and working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
• Must have excellent creative, communicative organizational, administrative, and leadership skills
• Must be able to read, write and verbally communicate effectively in English.
• Work requires knowledge and use of chemicals and electrical equipment.
• Must maintain proper sanitation environment
• Must have knowledge of all Culinary departments
• 15 years experience in a position of high quality food operation with similar volume
• Requires regular, predictable attendance
• Requires working long hours
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
• Ability to understand and comply with all company and departmental rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
• Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and guests
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.