The upholsterer is responsible for maintaining all upholstered furniture and items free from holes, rips or tears as necessary. Ensure all work is performed in a professional and detailed manner in accordance with the standards of Pechanga Resort & Casino.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Responsible for repairing all worn Casino property furniture coverings and replacing them with a professionally tailored finished product
• Responsible for repairing all worn bar rails, blackjack and gaming rails that are in need of new coverings
• Maintains all supplies and equipment necessary for completing any necessary covering repairs
• Responsible for ordering and researching any fabrics for Casino and Hotel
• Responsible for conducting daily walk-through to insure the property fabric coverings are kept in top quality
• Protect the assets of Pechanga Resort & Casino
• All other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: At least 3 years experience is required to successfully perform this job. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This position also requires the ability to write simple correspondence. The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. The ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance is required as well.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. The ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations is required as well.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Valid California Drivers License
• Qualify to obtain a Class “A” gaming license
• Ability to use, distinguish and know the use of all upholstery tools of the trade
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.