Retail Stores Supervisor
The Retail Stores Supervisor is accountable for the operation, supervision and running of the Retail stores for a specific shift.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Accountable for the operation, supervision and running of the Retail stores for a specific shift.
• Logically and independently plan, organize and execute the multiple duties required to run the shift
• Ability to read, interpret and review documents and directives and disseminate the information to the team.
• Demonstrate leadership skills and effective delegation.
• Responsible for handling and maintaining all team member training, records and disciplinary procedures.
• Perform all retail operational tasks when required.
• Actively participate with merchandising, stocking, floor moves and customer service requirements.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers and co workers at all levels.
• To insure and make known that Pechanga business is carried out economically, efficiently, effectively and in accordance with Company policies with the purpose of ensuring accountability.
• Ensure that all billable services are properly reported and accurately reflected in the Stratton Warren and financial statements.
• Ensure that adjustments are appropriate and approved.
• Ensure that the recording and reporting of all Pechanga assets is carried out in accordance with current SOP’s and Policies and Procedures; compliance with all internal controls and outside Agency Regulations are maintained and internal controls and procedures are efficient, effective and economical.
• Other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This Retail Stores Supervisor has supervisory responsibilities including departmental corrective action and team member relation issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least two to three years of supervisory experience in the retail industry and one to two years cash handling experience in a retail environment; any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required skills and abilities required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, comprehend and disseminate simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This position also requires the ability to write simple correspondence that is grammatically correct and appropriately presented. Furthermore this position also requires the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers and decimals. This position also requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and commissions.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Gaming License
• Ability to operate computer based transactions. Computer literate preferred.
• Ability to operate a 10 key calculator.
• Culturally sensitive
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Able to work Holidays and weekends.
• High level of confidentiality.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.