Banquet AV Tech OC
Under the direction of the Banquet Manager, the Banquet AV Technician will set up and strike audio visual equipment, as needed. Maintain and update BEO packages submitted by Sales and Catering department. Verify general maintenance for all audio visual hardware. The technician will stay abreast of emerging technology in Audio Visual. All while maintaining a positive working environment.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC).
• Provide 4 diamond service by setting up and striking Audio Visual (AV) systems required for Sales events
• Modify and update Sales and Catering BEO’s as necessary
• Assist with AV productions for events (AV mixing, editing and camera duties)
• Assist with the installation of AV systems
• Assist with the installation of digital signage deployments
• Assist in training employees and clients on room systems.
• Verify that general housekeeping of IT and AV equipment rooms is up to date
• Verify that general housekeeping of digital signage displays is up to date
• Commitment to work under pressure within specified deadlines
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
• Three or more years related experience and/or training
• Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write reports and correspondence. This position also requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a class “A” gaming license from the Pechanga Gaming Commission
• Possess and maintain a valid driving license with an acceptable driving record as defined by the Tribe’s insurance carrier.
• Must be able to comprehend wiring schematics and architectural drawings (CAD, Visio)
• Properly install and configure commonly used equipment (Crestron, Extron, BSS)
• Possess proficiency with hand/power tools, wiring/cabling and termination, low voltage wiring, trim-out and installation of wall and ceiling mounts
• Basic IP/Networking Knowledge, Configuration of Routers, Identifying Network Status
• Comfortable working with other trades and peers - team players
• Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) and work within varied conditions some which may be small or confined
• Flexibility to work overtime as necessary
• Ability to work with clients on system functionality and project issues and planning.
• Expert level in trouble shooting AV systems.
• Basic computer skills
• Word and Excel knowledge
• Basic hand tools
• Intermediate audio and video system theories and best practices
• Great attitude
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.