The Special Events Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of all entertainment and special events. This includes but is not limited to: advancing production, setting hotel & transportation, setting up food & beverage BEO’s, and artist payment. The Coordinator is also responsible to see that all event and promotional materials displayed in the Casino are current and accurate. In times of needs, the Entertainment Coordinator is expected to help with Box Office operations.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Coordinate with the appropriate departments, consultants and contractors for the set-up, staffing and clean up for each event.
• Supervise the day to day operations of event staff including but not limited to production staff, backstage staff, box office staff, and event security in the case that the Entertainment Manager is not available
• Participate in team member performance reviews, coach sessions, and corrective discipline sessions
• Supervise all major casino wide holiday décor, including but not limited to research, bid process, design, planning, and overall supervision of décor staff.
• Assist with the coordination of the annual Pechanga Pow Wow event
• Coordinate all event and promotional materials in the casino for appearance, timeliness and effectiveness.
• Direct the activities of the ticketing operation as well as monitoring the Audience View ticketing system operation.
• Responsible for the Box Office operation including revenues, inventory maintenance, and training of the Audienceview Ticketing system.
• Will protect the assets of Pechanga Resort & Casino.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school diploma and three (3) years as a coordinator are required to be successful in this position.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. This position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. The position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Cash handling/cashier experience preferred.
• Must have working knowledge of the Audienceview event ticketing system
• Working knowledge of the entertainment and gaming industries
• Must be able to move about event venues easily and swiftly.
• Must be able to work while standing for extended periods of time.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft office
• Must be willing to work outdoors when necessary.
• Honesty and integrity adaptive to change with a positive attitude.
• Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather, to include extreme hot or cold, dry, damp and rainy.
• Must posses the ability to lift (Light <20 lbs) and reach below shoulder level.
• Culturally sensitive and effective within a multi-cultural setting.
• Must be extremely organized and efficient with both time and resources
• Must be able to work productively in a busy office environment.
• Minimum of one year of work experience in the entertainment industry.
• Working knowledge of event ticketing system, common entertainment phrasing and knowledge of gaming property department’s functions and responsibilities.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must have a pleasant personality and present a professional image when assisting players.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must possess excellent phone guest service skills.
• This position requires walking for long periods of time (up to 7 hours per day).
• This position requires sitting for long periods of time (up to 7 hours per day).
• Ability to use repetitive finger movement on (computer), and to use repetitive twisting of wrists or hands on (computer)
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.