The primary role of a dispatcher is to coordinate communications with all parties involved in Casino operations.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to guest service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Operate a variety of communications equipment including radio systems, various telephone systems, recording equipment, and computer systems in accordance with Federal Communications Commission regulations, department policy, and standard operating procedures.
• Operate radio, mobile telephone, and paging equipment; maintain continuous contact with Team Members in the field in order to monitor location and exchange of information.
• Monitor Public Safety alarms/surveillance equipment located in assigned areas.
• Assist in the on-the-job training of new Team Members learning the techniques and procedures of dispatching, operating radio equipment, and operating CAD equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. The Team Member is responsible for protecting the assets of PRC.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: A High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and at least three (3) years’ experience is required to successfully perform this job; one (1) year certificate from college or technical school is preferred; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations are
required. The position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, guests, and the general public is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry is required. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to work with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
• Ability to answer multiple phone lines while inputting data; multi-tasking.
• Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office programs; type 45 wpm.
• Must possess ability to think clearly and act quickly in emergencies.
• Must be a self-starter, maintain a positive attitude, follow direction, and follow-through on assigned tasks.
• Knowledge of general public safety radio and telephone communications systems and police and fire emergency procedures.
• Knowledge of camera operations.
• Learn the codes, techniques and procedures used in dispatching, operating radio, telephone, call directory, telecommunications devices, multi-channel recorders, playback machines, CAD systems.
• Follow oral and written directions quickly and accurately.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Team Members.
• Accomplish tasks in a controlled and competent manner while working in a stressful environment.
• Complete assigned clerical tasks with accuracy and speed.
• Must be detailed oriented.
• Must be flexible with shifts and hours worked as property is 24/7
• Must be available weekends, holidays, and for overtime.