The Pool Supervisor is responsible for supervision of the pool facilities and staff. Ensure guest satisfaction by maintaining a clean and safe facility as well as informing the guests of emergency fire exits and procedures. Display lifeguard skills and ensuring pool safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards and Core Values established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Greet all guests in courteous manner in accordance with department operating standards.
• Responsible for assigned shift, assisting in overall management
• To ensure all operational procedure, checklists and work instructions are carried out to a high standard.
• To ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene at all times throughout the shift.
• To supervise the pool area, assist swimmers in difficulty, undertake any necessary life saving first aid as needed.
• Maintain all qualifications and certifications of all pool team members current. Attend regular training sessions and all other training as deemed appropriate by the Pool Management.
• Plan, develop and coordinate pool related activities.
• To check daily the state of the facilities and equipment and record and create work orders for any repairs needed.
• Ensure that First Aid equipment is available and usable.
• Ensure compliance with health, safety and sanitation requirements.
• Inspect, monitor and maintain facilities for cleanliness; performs general pool cleaning and maintenance duties
• Respond quickly, intelligently, decisively and in accordance with established emergency and accident management procedures
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff. Observe staff performance and create a work environment that fosters the professional development and growth of employees. Monitor workload and make staffing recommendations accordingly.
• Listen and respond to guest inquiries in a positive and articulate manner. Answer questions and offer assistance by providing accurate information on any services relating to pool operations.
• Respond to guest requests for information about the services of the resort
• Maintain appropriate staffing levels to ensure seamless pool operations. In addition, pool supervisors must determine work assignments for their team members.
• Assist with recruitment, screening and training of new team members.
• Manage employees and team performance; provide new employee orientation; train or provide adequate training for employees; coach, counsel and motivate employees; investigate complaints or performance concerns; implement disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with appointment authority and Human Resources
• Evaluate, provide performance review of team members.
• Manage and ensure effective employee/labor relations; create an ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment; establish effective communication lines/methods; identify and solve employee problems; manage conflict, respond to grievances.
• Being alert, and using logical thinking to assess a situation where life and safety may be at risk
• Acts as the pool’s goodwill ambassador to all
• Check stocks of supplies and order replenishment; control their use and security.
• Comply with Hotel policies and procedures as well as all departmental service guarantees
• Maintain a professional demeanor and a great attitude
• Acts as the pool’s goodwill ambassador to all
• Attend and participate in staff / pre-shifts meetings
• Perform all tasks accurately and in a timely manner
• Perform other job duties as assigned by management
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Pool Supervisor has supervisory responsibilities including departmental interviewing, hiring, training, performance review, corrective action, and team member relation issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year of related experience working in a pool/resort setting and /or swim instructor training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This positions requires the ability to articulate, both verbal and written concerns, suggestions and ideas of the daily operations to promote a positive team member and guest experience. Being able to remain calm in stressful scenarios and give directions to maintain order and safety. Must be able to effectively communicate with fellow Lifeguards and Management.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. This position also requires the ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: This positions requires to think logically and calmly, and is able to apply common sense when executing written, oral or diagram instructions, all while maintaining order to ensure our guests’ safety.
This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Hotel Gaming license.
• Must be CPR certified
• Must be available to work weekends and/or holidays
• Must be flexible with hours and / or shifts
• Must have the ability to manage deadlines.
• Maintain favorable working relationships with all departments and team members, to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment.
• Excellent leadership and coaching skills
• Able to work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.