F&B Bus Person
Bus Persons are a secondary service line of support for the guests in the dinner houses. Bus Persons are a first line of support for servers. They interact both directly and indirectly with guests. They contribute by creating a net of back service for each table, giving each guest not only a server, but a bus person who assist in accommodating their every need at the table. Ultimately bus persons allow the department a higher rate of success with each guest by fulfilling the following duties and responsibilities.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Clearing table after guests are done with meal.
• Clearing all soiled china, glass or silverware through out guests’ dining experience.
• Resetting tables to standard as designated by management.
• Maintaining water service through out meal for guests.
• Provide bread service to each table as specified by the outlet’s menu.
• Assisting server with small duties through out service to appease guests.
• Be an ambassador for the guests, relay any messages to server as necessary. Communicate any needs to server and oblige guests when ever possible.
• Provide personalized guest service to each table, interact with guests, smile and offer warm greetings and fare wells.
• Other duties as assigned.
The F&B Bus person does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: At least 6 months experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This position also requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Furthermore, this position requires the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. This position also requires the ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• TIPS certification – which can be done through the PLDA within the first 90 days
• Food Handler’s Card – which can be done through the PLDA within the first 30 days
• Ability to perform tray service. In many of the dinner houses tray service is mandatory. Be able to load, carry and unload trays in a manner safe for oneself and guests.
• Takes direction well and without being offended. Bus persons will be getting directions and requests from servers, guests and management.
• Bus persons need to be personable
• Bus persons are expected to be knowledgeable about the menu and offerings within the restaurant they are working as well as amenities of the resort.
• There are other service related classes that are required of the service team within the first 90 days of employment to be taken through the PLDA.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.