Guest Services Representative
The primary responsibility of the Guest Services Representative is to provide memorable experiences to our guests. Focus on building loyalty by ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction in the delivery and execution of services provided during their visit. Maintains high standards of courtesy, efficiency and professionalism with the ability to provide problem solving resolution skills.
Maintain a cash bank while managing/balancing cash transactions. Comprehensive knowledge of Pechanga Resort Casino property offerings, locations, amenities and services provided. Knowledge of all room types, locations room availability, comping structure/Tier levels and room rates. Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness, supply levels and maintaining a clean and safe work environment. Comply with all department service guarantees to ensure quality service. Handle all duties with zeal, integrity and discretion at all times. Use effective selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services and amenities of the Resort. Able to work independently and complete work in a timely manner. Keep immediate supervisor informed of all issues and refer to him/her with difficult situations. Communicate effectively using verbal, written and listening skills.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Excellent interpersonal and guest relations skills
• Establish and maintain relationships with both external and internal guests of all levels
• Ability to perform standard Check-in/Check-out and complete billing within the Hotel system
• Efficiently operate moderately complex computer systems (HMS, CMP, HOTSOS, ETC)
• Ability to read, understand and evaluate casino play
• Ability to work independently
• Issue discretionary comps based off qualified play and comping limits
• Create, update and reprint club member accounts in gaming system
• Maintain confidentiality of all player accounts
• Adhere to established yield management procedures with Casino Blocks, Direct Mail, Special Events and promotions
• Comprehensive knowledge of Pechanga Resort Casino property offerings, locations, amenities, hours of operations, services provided, packages and rate plans
• Respond to guest requests promptly, efficiently and courteously during check-in, check-out and throughout their stay providing Four Diamond Service
• Adhere to credit card PCI compliance polices, and cash handling policies and procedures
• Maintain a cash bank, by receiving and refunding cash on guest accounts. Complete shift closing accurately by obtaining appropriate approval signatures. Perform revenue drops or due backs from cash cage to maintain the assigned amount of the cash bank.
• Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a leader and role model for other employees
• Other duties as assigned by management
• Protect the assets of PRC
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
• A High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
• Minimum of two years’ experience in a Hotel/Casino environment; or
• Equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a class “A” gaming license from the Pechanga Gaming Commission
• Must be able to work independently and use analytical skills to understand detailed guest reports.
• Efficiently operate moderately complex computer applications including but not limited to Hotel PMS, Bally’s CMP, Comp Calculator, Saflok, Hotsos, Sonifi, and all Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel; Ability to type 25 wpm.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and provide clear directions, instructions, and guidance while implementing and maintaining the standard and follow through with assigned tasks; Provide clear directions to guests and PRC team members of all levels.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude and manage stress in a fast paced and culturally diverse environment.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful and take directions and follow through with assigned tasks in a timely manner; Ability to work independently
• Maintain a favorable working relationship with other departments to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment.
• Ability to multi-task and cross train in various positions that pertain to the work load, duties and services provided and offered by the department.
• Must be flexible to work nights, graveyard, weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to stand for 8 – 10 hours at a time.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.