Prod Kitchen Meatcutter
Under the direction of the Production Kitchen Supervisor, the Meat Cutter prepares meats to the specifications of the outlets daily orders while maintaining a safe and sanitized work area.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Proper cutting and handling of all meat, fish and poultry. Identify and select cuts of meat as specified by outlet orders.
• Must maintain production orders and manage inventory of Butcher Shop.
• Cut and trim meat to prepare for packing. Inspect meat products for defects, bruises or blemishes, and remove them along with any excess fat.
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques to maximize revenue.
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
• Ensure product is safely handled and stored, maintaining the highest level of safety and sanitation at all times.
• Minimize food waste
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. One year certificate from college or technical school; and at least three years of previous experience is preferred to successfully perform this job
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Food Handlers Certificate.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt