IT Security Administrator
The primary responsibility of the IT Security Administrator is to assure the secure operation of the infrastructure, oversee information security as it relates to business operations, telecommunications, network, access control, systems, applications, and systems development security. This includes managing system security, implementing security best practices, and assisting with security strategy. In addition, the Security Administrator analyzes and resolves security breaches and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion, along with conducting user activity audits where required. As the Security Administrator, you are expected to demonstrate innovative approaches to solving unique security challenges encountered at a dynamic company where customer and end user convenience will at times take precedence. The ideal candidate has a very strong and detailed understanding of networking, technology, software development, databases, and experience instrumenting, managing, and monitoring system security with knowledge of automating security configuration management.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Responsible to verify security controls including security patching and anti-virus.
• Responsible to monitor, control, and work with the Systems Manager on development of processes for, and the implementation of, IT security.
• Design, monitor, and maintain the security of all network resources, computer systems, company data, software applications, and telecommunications.
• Perform regular security assessments and coordinate with third party assessments as needed.
• Develop, communicate, and implement network and information security policies and procedures.
• Analyze, select, recommend, and coordinate the installation of security hardware and software.
• Monitor and review all server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic to identify and report on unusual, suspicious activity, or violations of security.
• Accurately interpret suspicious activity and make recommendations for resolution.
• Ensure network operating systems and virus software are patched and updated.
• Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security enhancements and development efforts.
• Responsible for the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of firewalls, VPN, IPS, etc.
• Utilize Aruba Clearpass and DLP (Data Loss Prevention).
• Oversee Vulnerability management; conduct penetration testing.
• Perform regular security assessments and coordinate with third party assessments.
• Train Team Members on basic security awareness.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have supervisory duties. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: Bachelor’s degree in computers, networking, or security with a minimum five (5) years’ experience; or a minimum of seven (7) years of experience with a CCNP Security, a CISSP, a SSCP, a GIAC, or a CISM certification; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS Ability to understand, read, write, and speak English fluently. Ability to analyze and interpret common scientific, technical, and industry journals and documents. Ability to respond to common inquires and complaints from customers, management, regulatory agencies, and members of the business community. Ability to present information to management, public groups, boards of directors, and conferences.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to accurately interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• CCNP Security, a CISSP, a SSCP, a GIAC, or a CISM certification
• Detailed knowledge and proficient in networking and server operating systems (Cisco, Microsoft, IBM, Linux, Apple, etc.).
• Proficient in networking technologies and protocols (OSPF, MPLS, BGP, TCP/IP, Bonjour, DNS, WINS, ARP, UDP, HTTP/S, etc.).
• Proficient in wireless communication and security technologies.
• Proficient in network security technologies (dot1 X, RADIUS, VPN).
• Proficient in data center architecture, security, and technologies (Palo Alto, ASA, LogRhythm, Aruba Clearpass).
• Recognize and mitigate DDOs and zero-day attacks.
• Proficient in solutions for Malware, SPAM, and DLP.
• Grey hat.
• Information Security forensics and protocol analysis.
• Advanced experience in core networking services, security technologies, cryptography, Access Controls, etc.
• SIEM experience – with knowledge of content creation (rules, alerts, etc.).
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Ability to be self-motivated and resourceful with limited supervision.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Ability to prioritize initiatives and communicate effectively with leadership on these priorities.
• Ability to handle complex issues and problems.
• Must be flexible and willing to travel, work nights, weekends and holidays, and be on-call.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.