Baja Express Cook-FT/PT
Baja Express is a Mexican restaurant located on the Pechanga property which offers a variety of burritos, tacos and authentic Native American food. The Cook is responsible for providing excellent service and create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Baja Express is open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This position requires the individual to have great attendance and be flexible to work all shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Pechanga’s Core Values:
We are part of the Pechanga family. We take pride in our core values which are Pride, Passion and Professionalism.
We strive to meet our Pechanga Service Guarantees: Know your Pechanga, Exceed Expectations, Pride in Appearance, Build Relationships, Acknowledge all Guests
Pechanga Service Agreement:
Baja Express Cooks are at the forefront of customer service by providing quality food to ensure repeat business in the future. Cooks are encouraged to welcome customers with a friendly smile and warm greeting. Our goal is to provide quality food to all of our customers and leave a positive impression of the company and that their business is appreciated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greets guest and creates a welcome atmosphere by providing professional and exceptional customer service.
• Maintains hygiene by washing hands and sanitizing work station throughout the shift.
• Prepares and stocks work station with products and sanitized utensils and turn on equipment (grill, fryer, bun toaster, etc.).
• Follows prep chart and prepare items for the day (condiments, vegetables and meats).
• Prepares labels for pans and stores them as appropriate.
• Prepares food according to standards and works quickly and efficiently.
• Maintains a clean and organized work area at all times (counters, grills, fryers, dress table).
• Provides team work by helping other areas as needed (grill, fry station, hand food out to customers).
• Ensures the refrigerators and freezers are on and accurately maintained at the correct temperatures to ensure food is fresh.
• Follow food safety and cleanliness guidelines.
• Report all suspicious activity including potential theft and safety or emergency concerns to management if/when they occur.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with team members.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by Management.
• Perform cleaning duties that include flat grill, broiler, fryers etc.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of one (1) year cook experience a plus.
• Must have valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
• Able to solve problem and work calmly and effective under pressure.
• Strong self-motivation and organization skills.
• Excellent communication skills with a team player attitude.
• Teachable and flexible to changes.