The landscaper will provide a pleasant view of areas in breezeway and perimeters of Casino Parking Lot, Recreational Vehicle Park, pool, and rooftop garden by operating mowers, maintaining landscape, and trimming trees as necessary. The Landscaper II will serve as a resource to Landscapers and other members of the team.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Operates powered equipment such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, chain-saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws
• Builds forms, mixes, and pours cement to form garden borders
• Waters lawns, trees, and plants, using portable sprinkler systems, hoses, or watering cans
• Follows planned landscaping designs to determine where to lay sod, sow grass, or plant flowers and foliage
• Mows and edges lawns using power mowers and edges
• Cares for natural turf fields, making sure the underlying soil has the required composition to allow proper drainage and to support the grasses used
• Cares for artificial turf fields by periodically removing the turf and replacing cushioning pads, and vacuuming and disinfecting the turf after use to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria
• Cares for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing, and removing thatch, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, and walls
• Plants seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs, and applies mulch for protection using gardening tools
• Decorates gardens with stones and plants
• Hauls or spreads topsoil, and spread straw over seeded soil to hold soil in place
• Cultivates lawns and gardens
• Rakes, mulch, and compost leaves
• Trim and pick flowers and cleans flower beds, gathers and removes litter
• Prunes and trims trees and cares for shrubs and hedges using appropriate gardening tools for desired outcome
• Provides proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planets, burial sites, and other grounds features
• Uses hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge and brush trimmers, and axes
• Performs other job related duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities but serves as a resource to other Landscape team members.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: At least 5 years’ experience is required. Minimum of one (1) year of experience with pesticides or Certification in pesticide safety or a Qualified Applicators License (QAL) is required along with a minimum of two (2) years of tree trimming experience. Irrigation knowledge is a plus. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. The position also requires the ability to write simple correspondence. The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: The position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. The position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
REASONING ABILITY: The position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. The position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “B” gaming license.
• Valid California Drivers License
• Able to follow all PR&C rules and regulations per employee handbook.
• Good organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work under stressful situations
• Mentally strong and able to cope with challenges
• Must know how to operate irrigation controllers
• Ability to operate and maintain all power equipment
• Ability to communicate in English
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.