Digital Content Specialist
The Digital Content Specialist is responsible for assisting with the overall execution and maintenance of Pechanga Resort Casino’s (PRC) digital marketing efforts including but not limited to: content development/execution, social media, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) maintenance. This position works as part of a team under the direction of the Digital Marketing Manager to develop captivating and engaging content to boost brand awareness and interest in PRC. The position requires superior writing skills, flexibility in schedule, learning, and required tasks, a creative mind, a mixed technical skill set, and abitily to master the brand voice. The specialist must be highly organized, responsive, a saavy communicator, and well-versed in digital marketing and communication best practices, and must have a demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Responsible to monitor PRC’s online presence and manage guest engagement and correspondence across all online platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, SnapChat, Yelp, TripAdvisor, Google Business Review, TikTok, and Property Contact Email Inboxes.
• Responsible for the execution of social media editorial calendar including, but not limited to, content development, asset management, copywriting, post scheduling, management of online promotions, etc.
• Collaborate with various departments and operators across property on guest engagement and correspondence efforts via online platforms.
• Collaborate with various departments and operators to ensure PRC’s online informational materials are up-to-date and accurate across all platforms.
• Responsible for routine audits of all social platforms to ensure PRC’s profiles are up-to-date on all industry best practices and standards.
• Provide analytics on posts, campaigns, sentiment, and report on findings.
• Source collateral including images, copy, video footage, and coordinate production of content when required.
• Assist in the ideation, development, and execution of digital and social media content.
• Work alongside the web development team to maintain PRC’s SEO efforts by managing Google AdWords and ingesting keyword recommendations; allocate tasks to the web implementation team within SEO tool; recommend suggested changes on web, social, and other online areas for greatest impact to search rankings and searchability for all areas of the resort/casino; regularly ascertain the effectiveness of PRC’s SEO efforts and provide monthly progress reports.
• Provide support to the Content Producer and Pechanga Creative Studios teams during content development phase such as photo/video shoots.
• Provide support, share leads, and work with the PR Team and agency partners to grow PRC’s influencer marketing efforts.
• Serve as support to the Public and Media Relations team when required; control online messaging during crisis situations; responsible to manage positive brand image in the digital space.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Understanding of and experience in the creative process of advertising and materials production.
• Ability to manage production systems under urgency of deadline pressure.
• Ability to interface with, and control scheduling, between graphics designers, project specialists, management, and external vendors.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; college degree preferred.; three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in business-focused social media program preferred; one (1) year of casino, resort, hospitality or tourism experience highly desirable; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other Team Members of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Demonstrate strong proficiency in technology including Microsoft Office.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational ability to utilize daily tracking of Digital Marketing calendars, task coordination, and campaign implementation; measure and report the success of Digital Marketing efforts.
• Must possess strong ownership to protect the brand integrity of Pechanga Resort Casino across all Digital mediums; possess and use discretion at all times when displaying content, writing copy, responding to guests, and more.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and within tight/predetermined timelines.
• Ability to work in, and cultivate, a team environment, and ensure a smooth workflow under extreme deadline constraints.
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders, and develop and maintain networks and relationships; must be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and professionally.
• Must be creative, imaginative, and a good writer with a strong command of grammar; must demonstrate excellent proofreading and copywriting skills.
• Must have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other Team Members.
• Ability to perform tasks/daily duties without direct supervision.
• Must be honest with a strong sense of integrity.
• Must be adaptive to change with a positive attitude.
• Ability to identify problems and find effective solutions that accomplish project objectives.
• Attend required department meetings; abide by company and departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Familiarity with filming and editing digital photography and videography.
• Some evening and weekend hours will be required for live social media coverage, monitoring, and engagement.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.