The Plumber II is responsible for effectively maintaining all plumbing equipment and systems in accordance with the National Plumbing Code and the standards of Pechanga Resort & Casino.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Maintains fluid systems throughout the property to include potable water, sewer, natural gas, reclaimed water, and storm drain water.
• Installs, removes, modifies, and repairs all drain and plumbing equipment and systems. This shall include but not limited to toilets, urinals, sinks, floor drains, grease interceptors, mixing valves, garbage disposals, and drains.
• Provides preventative and corrective maintenance to all grease interceptors and odor control systems.
• Maintains, repairs, and monitors all Cathodic Protection Systems.
• Routinely inspects all plumbing equipment, identifying potential problems, and resolving same.
• Maintains a spare parts and equipment inventory for all plumbing systems on property. This shall include the procurement and effective use of the inventory at all times to limit down time.
• Ensures integrity of existing plumbing systems, making recommendations for improvements, as appropriate.
• Effectively schedule with the Hotel Division in the event of a preventative maintenance, failure or repair to any guest room to ensure a 4 Diamond guest experience in delivered at all times.
• Installs new plumbing systems as needed.
• Maintains a working knowledge of plumbing standards and codes that apply to casino resort plumbing systems.
• Effectively acts as a technical resource in all aspects of plumbing systems in the event of a failure, tenant improvement, or modification.
• Extensive knowledge of water distribution system and meter equipment is required.
• Operates heavy equipment including loader, excavator, backhoe and forklift.
• Locates district utility service lines as requested by others for underground repairs.
• Diagnoses problems (IE: leaks and/or equipment failures) and provide effective solutions.
• Performs additional job related duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities but may serve as a resource to other Plumbers. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: At least 5 years of Commercial Plumbing experience is required. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. A combination of education and experience may be accepted.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. The position also requires the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. This position also requires the ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. The ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors is also required.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Water Distribution Operator 2 Certification or ability to obtain within 12 months of employment
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license
• Valid California Drivers License
• Good organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Efficient with Microsoft based programs
• Ability to work under stressful situations; mentally strong and able to cope with challenges
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical manuals, procedures, government regulations, and drawings.
• Ability to review, organize and manage service contracts with outside contractors
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to lift 100 pounds
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.