Garde Manger Assistant Chef
Effective Management of Cold Kitchen Production in accordance with PR&C regulations. Establishes, project plans and timelines to achieve department goals and objectives. Mentors subordinate supervisors on effective performance management skills to ensure the development of a capable work force
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Provide leadership and guidance to all team members in the preparation and serving of high quality and great tasting meals according to dietary restrictions.
• Identify and correct defects, implement continuous quality improvement procedures and maintain highest levels of sanitation and safety in all department areas.
• Execute the financial objectives of the operation to include food cost, labor cost and controllable expenses.
• Execute an active repertoire of dishes to advance the culinary experience of the outlet staff, and be effective in communicating curriculum to team members through ongoing training programs.
• Completes daily and weekly inventory to ensure proper ordering. Establishes par for all purchasing as well as production.
• Protects the assets of Pechanga Resort & Casino and maintains confidentiality and integrity when accessing team member information maintained in departmental files/systems.
• Responsible for overseeing the operational aspects of the kitchen division in meeting set standards.
• Administrative and operational support to the executive chef in meeting all divisional set targets.
• Must be able to demonstrate new cooking techniques, recipes and equipment to kitchen staff.
• Assist in daily operation of the kitchen as needed. Provides all line staff with the necessary tools and equipment for safe food handling.
• Instill budgetary controls using established budget on an everyday basis.
• Assists Garde Manger Chef in supervision of line staff in daily operations.
• Assist in planning, preparing and serving of all food items and menus including but not limited to Cold Kitchen, Banquets, Buffet, and production for other outlets. Train kitchen staff on the execution of said items.
• Check all walk in coolers and freezers daily to insure proper rotation, storage and usage of all food items.
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to plan organize and operate all stations in their outlet
The F&B Assistant Garde Manger Chef position has supervisory responsibilities that include corrective action, terminations, scheduling, proper ordering of products, and forecasting .
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and /or at least 7 years experience including Garde Manger experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Serve Safe Certification/ valid Food Handlers Card preferred.
• Proficient with Word, Excel, Stratton Warren, and Kronos Payroll System
• Firm understanding and practical application of Health and Safety standards/laws.
• Knowledge of all aspects of kitchen and culinary operations.
• Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Familiar with traditional/contemporary methods of preparing and presenting local, regional, national and international styles of food including Buffets, Receptions, and Plated Banquet Presentations
• Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
• Must be able to work any day of the week and scheduled shift.
Requires prolonged standing and walking. Requires mobility, normal hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity. Requires bending and reaching from floor to a height of 6 ft. Requires lifting of 50 lbs. Requires transporting, pushing, pulling and maneuvering of carts weighing up to 400 lbs. Work requires knowledge and use of chemicals and electrical equipment.
Understands the five mother sauces and numerous of their derivatives and is able to make them in varying quantities.
Ability to prepare all types of Standard dressings and develop new and creative Dressing Recipes
Can identify and Prepare Produce and Fresh Vegetables and know how best to prepare and fabricate
Can identify major cuts of meats and knows how to best fabricate and prepare them in single, multiple and mass production settings of over 1000.
Can identify and prepare fish, shellfish and all poultry products from a purveyor ready state and knows the preferable methods for fabricating and cooking them for individual and mass production events.
Can identify and prepare all commonly available fruits, vegetables and other culinary related items.
Must be accomplished in Garde manger and hors d’oeuvre production and presentation.
Ability to adapt to change with a positive attitude, and a Professional Demeanor
Ability to work independently