The Pastry Cook I is responsible for preparing and production of desserts, not limited to ice cream, sorbet, sauces and other related dessert items. Service quality according to Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC) standards
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Prepares and bakes all dessert items following established standards and recipes.
• Uses weights and measures to adjust ingredients in recipes.
• Setup oven, bake area, and mixing areas as required for specific product production including oven temperatures and baking times.
• Operates, cleans and maintains baking machines and equipment.
• Maintain high level of safety and sanitation.
• Protects the assets of PRC and maintains confidentiality.
• Understands proper procedures of basic baking skills.
• Performs work under direct supervision.
• Handles basic issues and problems; refers only the more complex issues to higher-level staff
• Possesses beginning to working knowledge of subject matter
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
• Minimum of six months to two years (6m-2y) of related experience
• Culinary school certification or equivalent preferred
• Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a gaming license from the Pechanga Gaming Commission
• Must be able to complete Pechanga’s Food Handler Certification course
• Ability to work in a high-volume environment
• Strong knowledge in scratch bakery
• Decorating skills preferred
• Firm understanding and practical application of Health and Safety standards.
• Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
• Must possess knife skills.
• Must be able to work any day of the week and scheduled shift.
• Possess fluent English speaking, writing and comprehension skills
• Customer/client orientation
• Manual dexterity
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.