Auto Shop Mechanic
The Auto Shop Mechanic will maintain all PRC equipment and transportation vehicles, preventive maintenance, services, tune ups, repairs etc. All services and repairs are done in a cost effective manner, along with minimal down time.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Inspect and repair vehicles depending on damage and general wear and tear.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have supervisory duties. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort and Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Minimum (2) two years’ experience is required; five (5) years’ experience is preferred
• Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This position also requires the ability to write simple correspondence. The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a class “A” gaming license from the Pechanga Gaming Commission
• Possess and maintain a valid driving license with an acceptable driving record as defined by the Tribe’s insurance carrier.
• Experience with scan Tool Diagnostics
• Experience with hand Tools, Air Tools and Lifting Equipment.
• Extensive hands on experience
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must possess common sense and a will to learn.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.