Baja Express Cook FT and PT
Baja Express is a Mexican restaurant located on the Pechanga property which offers a variety of burritos, tacos and authentic Native American food. The Cook is responsible for providing excellent service and create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Baja Express is open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This position requires the individual to have great attendance and be flexible to work all shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Pechanga’s Core Values:
We are part of the Pechanga family. We take pride in our core values which are Pride, Passion and Professionalism.
We strive to meet our Pechanga Service Guarantees: Know your Pechanga, Exceed Expectations, Pride in Appearance, Build Relationships, Acknowledge all Guests
Pechanga Service Agreement:
Baja Express Cooks are at the forefront of customer service by providing quality food to ensure repeat business in the future. Cooks are encouraged to welcome customers with a friendly smile and warm greeting. Our goal is to provide quality food to all of our customers and leave a positive impression of the company and that their business is appreciated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greets guest and creates a welcome atmosphere by providing professional and exceptional customer service.
• Maintains hygiene by washing hands and sanitizing work station throughout the shift.
• Prepares and stocks work station with products and sanitized utensils and turn on equipment (grill, fryer, bun toaster, etc.).
• Follows prep chart and prepare items for the day (condiments, vegetables and meats).
• Prepares labels for pans and stores them as appropriate.
• Prepares food according to standards and works quickly and efficiently.
• Maintains a clean and organized work area at all times (counters, grills, fryers, dress table).
• Provides team work by helping other areas as needed (grill, fry station, hand food out to customers).
Duties and Responsibilities (con’t):
• Ensures the refrigerators and freezers are on and accurately maintained at the correct temperatures to ensure food is fresh.
• Follow food safety and cleanliness guidelines.
• Report all suspicious activity including potential theft and safety or emergency concerns to management if/when they occur.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with team members.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by Management.
• Perform cleaning duties that include flat grill, broiler, fryers etc.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of one (1) year cook experience a plus.
• Must have valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
• Able to solve problem and work calmly and effective under pressure.
• Strong self-motivation and organization skills.
• Excellent communication skills with a team player attitude.
• Teachable and flexible to changes.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.