IT Support Specialist
Working in a team environment, the IT Support Specialist will support both hardware and software problems for local and remote users in a NT/AS400/Bally Systems environment.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Assist in providing timely and accurate problem resolution and follow-up with internal customers and guests.
• Assist in technical support of NT servers, Bally Systems , AS/400, Micros POS and network infrastructure.
• Install, troubleshooting and facilitate the repair of workstations, printers and networking.
• Active team member for design and implementation of new information technologies and configurations.
• Lead assigned computer operations, user support functions.
• Perform all Support Center functions.
• Provide training for Support Center associates.
• Responsible for learning new applications to support the user environment.
• Participate in phone support of technical solutions.
• Provide training and instruction on multi platform applications to end users.
• Serve as local experts for specialized computer applications with existing Pechanga Resort & Casino computer systems.
• Perform and facilitate all functions as an account manager including the creations of all Pechanga Resort & Casino computer systems accounts.
• Protect the assets of Pechanga Resort & Casino.
• Other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: BS or BA in Computer Science and a minimum three years experience in Information Systems Support position and MS, NT, Bally Systems and AS400 networking environment or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires excellent phone skills, superior customer service and communication skills. This position also requires the ability to make eye contact while speaking.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: N/A
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires excellent decision making and problem solving capability.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• A+ and N+ Comp TIA Certified Professional preferred.
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or MS Certified Professional preferred.
• Qualify to obtain class “A” gaming license
• Extensive knowledge of MS Back Office products.
• Extensive knowledge in hardware troubleshooting and repair.
• Extensive knowledge of ticketing software Altiris solutions.
• Extensive knowledge of Bally Systems casino software.
• Experience in computer hardware troubleshooting and good knowledge of MS Windows 2000/XP, MS Office Suite, Bally Systems and AS400 networked environments is desired.
• Significant experience in coordinating resolution of complex system problems.
• Ability to work under stressful situations.
• Ability to lift under stressful situations.
• Ability to walk, climb, crawl, bend, stand and lift 30lbs.
• Great smile.
• Good attitude.
• Professional demeanor.
• Mentally strong and able to cope with many challenges.
• Flexibility to work any shift and overtime when needed.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.