The primary responsibility of the VIP Specialist is to provide positive and memorable experiences for our VIP Guests by creating an exclusive, effortless, and personalized visit. This position focuses on building loyalty by ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction in the delivery and execution of services provided during their visit to the Invited Guest Lounge. Establishes and maintains relationships with VIP Guests. Greets and welcomes VIP Guests while monitoring access to the Invited Guest Lounge to only approved guests. Maintains high standards of courtesy, efficiency, and professionalism with the ability to provide problem solving resolution skills. Proficient and extensive knowledge in all systems used (Hotel PMS, CMP, Hotsos, etc.) are required. Comprehensive knowledge of Pechanga Resort Casino property offerings, locations, amenities and services provided is a must. Acts as a hotel ambassador for guests and inter-departmental requests and inquiries. Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness, supply levels and upscale environment in the lounge.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Functions are an extension of Guest Services Representative duties and will be responsible to work in all Front Desk locations as needed
• Acknowledges guests immediately upon entering the Invited Guest Lounge
• Welcomes guests in the hotel lobby while providing lobby ambassador duties
• Maintains confidentiality of all player accounts
• Assists guests with booking, changing, or inquiries about reservations
• Identifies player card levels, resolves problems, and makes comp decisions
• Reviews VIP accounts daily for accuracy
• Maintains assignment of guest rooms
• Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of all current promotions and rate plans
• Responsible for comprehensive knowledge of Pechanga Resort Casino property offerings, locations, amenities, hours and services provided
• Responds to guest requests promptly, efficiently and courteously. Reserves and assigns rooms while accommodating special requests
• Responsible for knowledgeable of hotel room locations, standard room and suite types, room availability and room rates
• Responds to guest requests for information about the casino, restaurants, golf course, and other related services
• Adheres to established yield management procedures with Casino Blocks, Direct Mail, and Special Event blocks
• Efficiently operates a moderately complex computer system (HMS, Bally’s CMP, etc.)
• Maintains a cash bank, by receiving and refunding cash on guest accounts. Completes shift closing accurately by obtaining appropriate approval signatures. Performs revenue drops or due backs from cage to maintain the assigned bank amount
• Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit card and cash handling policies and procedures in order to manage and monitor all guest accounts to ensure adherence to resort credit limits
• Ensures all billable services, financial statements, adjustments, revenue, cash and cash equivalents are properly reordered and reported accurately reflected in HMS and any other reporting methods. Thus, ensuring compliance with the requirements of the provisions of hotel operation internal controls, outside agency regulations and good business practices
• Performs other job related duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
• Complies with all PRC and Departmental SOPs and Service Guarantees
• Ensures grooming and uniform standards are maintained according to departmental standards
• Maintains a knowledge and comprehension of all Standard operating procedures and functionalities within the department
• Develops close working relationships with other departments and divisions to promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment
• Remains calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a leader and role model for other employees. Resolves customer concerns and complaints by conducting a thorough investigation and determining the most effective solutions while being efficient and courteous
• Keeps immediate supervisor informed of all problems or unusual events and/or refers difficult situations to his/her attention for handling.
• Familiar with all safety and emergency procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; minimum of two years’ experience in a Hotel/Casino environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing in order to provide clear direction to guests and employees at all levels. Able to perceive quality of work, read material and review documents; receive instructions and hear inquiries from guests or staff.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to provide clear directions, instructions, and guidance while implementing and maintaining the standard and follow through with assigned tasks.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license
• Ability to read, understand and evaluate casino play
• Ability to think independently in making decisions to maximize Guest experience
• Must be able to work independently and use analytical skills to understand detailed guest reports.
• Efficiently operate moderately complex computer applications including but not limited to Hotel PMS, Bally’s CMP, Comp Calculator, Saflok, Hotsos, Sonifi, and all Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel as well as typing skills
• Ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude and manage stress in a fast paced and culturally diverse environment
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful and take directions and follow through with assigned tasks in a timely manner
• Ability to learn and efficiently operate moderately complex computer applications required to perform duties
• Ability to type 25 wpm
• Ability to multi-task and cross train in various positions that pertain to the work load, duties and services provided and offered by the department
• Must possess excellent phone guest service skills, professional demeanor, and vocabulary
• Must have a pleasant personality and present a professional image when assisting guests.
• Ability to work all shifts, weekends, holidays, and longer hours when required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.