Business Data Analyst II
The Business Data Analyst II reports directly to the Manager of Planning & Analysis. The Business Data Analyst II is responsible for gathering, summarizing and reporting data to provide analyses and recommendations in such areas as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, and statistical reports for management use.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for executive and management teams.
• Assist in the creation and review of the company budgets. Provide information and assist management in budget preparation, implementation, and control.
• Prepare or assist in the preparation of special reports and complex ad hoc analyses as requested.
• Coordinate the gathering of information for preparation of budgets, statistical reports, and analysis for management in a timely manner.
• Prepare concept models for events, promotions, and property changes.
• Analyzes financial information to determine profitability and provide recommendations as appropriate.
• Safeguard company assets.
• Other duties as assigned.
Accountability: This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: A bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Business Administration, as well as three (3) to six (6) years of analysis or equivalent accounting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the Company.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Intermediate knowledge of Excel including pivot tables, lookups, charts, graphs, and advanced formula writing.
• Knowledge of MS Access, Word, PowerPoint, MS SQL, and other database tools.
• Preferred knowledge of Infor/PM10, XLCubed, Bally CMS (CMP, SDS, Table View, Bally BI), and Business Intelligence Software.
• Strong cognitive skills including analysis, problem solving, and attention to detail.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics.
• Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of Team Members and management.
• Current and relevant gaming industry accounting knowledge preferred.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.