The Spa Therapist position is responsible for providing exemplary Massage and/or Facial treatment services to PR&C guests.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Comprehends and abides by Pechanga Resort & Casino policies and procedures.
• Provides guests with a thorough and knowledgeable 50, 80, or 100-minute professional massage and/or 25, 50, or 80-minute professional facial
• Able to demonstrate a thorough and working knowledge of skin care, including but not limited to product knowledge, facials and body waxing (esthetician license required).
• Demonstrates respect, sensitivity, and concern for guests' needs with a professional and pleasant manner.
• Practices universal health care protocol while dealing with guests and coworkers.
• Calls in for schedule and works any hours that are booked.
• Arrives to work 7 minutes before shift begins and maintains promptness, starting massage on time.
• Wears proper uniform and is neat and well groomed.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Resolve guest problems efficiently and in a courteous manner.
• Maintain the cleanliness and condition of the Treatment Rooms.
• Ensure compliance with all departmental service guarantees.
• Sets up and breaks down assigned massage room; maintains neat and well-stocked room.
• Completes and submits necessary paperwork and reads posted notices on bulletin board.
• Attends monthly departmental meetings and workshops as directed.
• Exercises dependability and willingness to work with schedule flexibility, including cancellations and additions
• Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Must be capable of being scheduled a maximum of 5 hours in a row without a break (at discretion of manager).
• Adheres to Pechanga Resort & Casino standards for guest service.
• Performs other job-related duties as directed
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have any supervisory or managerial responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This position also requires the ability to write simple correspondence. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Valid Class “H” gaming license
• Valid California State Cosmetology license or State Manicurist license
• To perform massages - must possess a minimum of 500 hours of massage training preferably from an accredited/approved massage school.
• To perform facial treatments - esthetician license required.
• May be required to work with dangerous chemicals