Operate dishwashing machine. Place clean dishes in assigned storage location. Clean designated equipment. Dispose of kitchen substances (such as grease) and kitchen chemicals properly. Transport garbage containers to dump sites adhere to recycling regulations, empty and clean trash cans. Clean and organize associated work area and kitchen equipment according to procedures to maximize efficiency. Wash walls, ceilings baseboards, floor drains, hand sinks, tables and cutting boards
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Transport garbage from all kitchen areas to trash receptacle and dumpster
• Assist at other stations when directed or assigned
• Follow all cleaning schedules in designated areas (kitchen storerooms, walk-ins and other designated assigned areas)
• Clean and polish silver, flatware and brass in all areas as needed
• Breakdown, feed, catch, and properly sort all dishes and flatware as it is brought to the dish area
• Assist in training new employees Work steadily and accurately, paying attention to detail In accordance with the Health Department codes and Departmental Policies, must consistently be in compliance
• Wash, sort, and store pots and pans in their designated location on proper racks
• Set up designated wares for Banquet functions and transport to function area.
• Assist the Banquet Chef with plating up hot Banquet meals
• Stack plated meals in hot carts and transport to Banquet function area.
• Wash all banquet kitchen, ensuring that all items are properly cleaned and sanitized
• Breakdown and clean dishwashing machine and work areas
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply/storage closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; clean floors; remove items which do not belong and place in correct areas.
• Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; report shortages to supervisor. Replenish as needed throughout the shift.
• Report any damages, maintenance problems or safety hazards to the supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: No education and experience is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This position also requires the ability to write simple correspondence. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. This position also requires the ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “B” gaming license.
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Food Handlers Certificate.
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Tips Certification.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must demonstrate excellent customer service.
• Some bending, stooping, and lifting up to 65lbs.
• Must be able to use the cleaning equipment/chemicals including but not limited to Floor Scrubbers, Vacuums, Blowers, Degreaser, Multi Purpose, Enzymes, etc
• Must be able to operate all kitchen equipment and machinery
• Must be able to work inside and maneuver throughout the kitchen areas
• Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team