Room Service Captain
Deliver guest orders of food and beverage to our Hotel Rooms in an efficient and timely manner. Display professional, courteous, prompt, and knowledgeable service of food and beverage when in contact with any guest, to ensure the total satisfaction of our guests’ experience. Lead, supervise, and give direction to fellow Team Members during his/her shift in the absence of a Manager or Assistant Manager.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Set up, deliver, and serve “call down” orders, as well as “Fast Track” orders in an expedient manner, at all times during the day.
• Be capable of full set up and delivery of special amenity orders.
• Acquire detailed knowledge of food menu, wine, and beverage lists.
• Correctly enter guest order into point-of-sale system.
• Exercise diligence during shift in removal of tables/trays from guest rooms and hallways promptly on request or as needed.
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of work area on a continuing basis; responsible for restocking and refilling all items used during the shift.
• Take decisive action to resolve any guest complaints during shift.
• Train new Food Servers in all duties and responsibilities.
• Responsible for the schedule and completion of weekly cleaning duties.
• Demonstrate leadership of Food Servers, Bussers, Order Takers, and Mini Bar Attendants during shift in the absence of a Manager or Assistant Manager.
• Complete all assigned side work. Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required and at least two (2) years’ relative experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other Team Members of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Food Handlers Certificate.
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Tips Certification.
• Knowledge of basic computer skills; ability to learn basic software programs used by the Room Service Department.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Possess the ability and desire to fulfill all guest requests and needs.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.