Assistant Steak House Chef
The Assistant Steakhouse Chef is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Culinary Department/area, in accordance with Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC) regulations. Ensures the timely completion of all projects related tasks, in accordance with established procedures. Participates in the development and implementation of the department’s staffing/scheduling plan. Provides direction to subordinates on improving job performance and contributes feedback to the Team Member performance review.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC).
• Provide leadership and guidance to team members in the preparation and serving of high quality and great tasting meals according to dietary restrictions.
• Identify and correct defects, implement continuous quality improvement procedures and maintain highest levels of sanitation and safety in all department areas.
• Assist in executing the financial objectives of the operation to include food cost, labor cost and controllable expenses.
• Execute an active repertoire of dishes to advance the culinary experience of the outlet staff, and be effective in communicating curriculum to team members through ongoing training programs.
• Complete daily and weekly inventory to ensure proper ordering. Establish par for all purchasing, as well as production.
• Protect the assets of PRC and maintains confidentiality and integrity when accessing team member information maintained in departmental files/systems.
• Assist in overseeing the operational aspects of the kitchen division in meeting set standards.
• Provide administrative and operational support to the Executive Sous Chef team and Chef de Cuisine in meeting all divisional set targets.
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques, recipes and equipment to kitchen staff.
• Execute the daily operation of the kitchen as needed. Ensures all line staff with the necessary tools and equipment for safe food handling.
• Maintain a high level of safety and sanitation.
• Instill budgetary controls using established budget on an everyday basis.
• Manage Sous Chefs cooks and line staff in daily operations.
• Set plan, prepare and serve of all food items and menus; train kitchen staff on the execution of said items.
• Check all walk-in coolers and freezers daily to insure proper rotation, storage and usage of all food items.
• Ability to plan, organize and operate all stations in their outlet.
• Other duties as assigned
This position is responsible for managing the work of the assigned team members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training team members; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and /or at least 5 years’ experience (including 2 years as a chef) is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Serve-Safe Certification or similar.
• Proficient with Word, Excel, Stratton Warren, Kronos
• Firm understanding and practical application of Health and Safety standards/laws.
• Knowledge of all aspects of kitchen and culinary operations.
• Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Familiar with traditional/contemporary methods of preparing and presenting local, regional, national and international styles of food.
• Must be able to work any day of the week and scheduled shift.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt