The Massage Therapist position is responsible for providing exemplary massage and body treatment services to Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC) guests.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Provide guests with a thorough and knowledgeable 50 or 80-minute professional massage.
• Practice universal health care protocol while dealing with guests and coworkers.
• Call in daily for schedule and work any hours that are booked.
• Demonstrate respect, sensitivity, and concern for guests' needs with a professional and pleasant manner.
• Arrive to work ready to begin shift and maintain promptness, starting massage on time.
• Wear proper uniform and is neat and well groomed.
• Resolve guest problems efficiently and in a courteous manner.
• Maintain the cleanliness and condition of the Treatment Rooms.
• Ensure compliance with all departmental service guarantees.
• Set up and break down assigned massage room; maintain neat and well-stocked room.
• Complete and submit necessary paperwork and read posted notices on bulletin board.
• Comprehend and abide by PRC policies and procedures and standards for guest service.
• Attend monthly departmental meetings and workshops as directed.
• Exercise dependability and willingness to work with schedule flexibility, including cancellations, and additions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• To perform massages - must possess a minimum of 500 hours of massage training preferably from an accredited/approved massage school.
• To perform facial treatments - esthetician license required.
• May be required to work with dangerous chemicals.
• Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have any supervisory or managerial responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High school Diploma or GED is required. Minimum one (1) year of experience in the spa industry, preferably at a resort or hotel. Basic understanding of Forbes Standards helpful, but not necessary.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to use reasoning and understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved, written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems while remaining flexible and adaptable to help ensure the desired outcome.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “H” gaming license.
• Current California State Massage License (CAMTC).
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.