Slot Ops Supervisor
The Slot Operations Supervisor is responsible for coaching, training, and mentoring new and existing Team Members. The Slot Operations Supervisor will perform evaluations, merit recognitions, administer disciplinary action, and team member journaling. In addition, during assigned shift the Slot Operations Supervisor will oversee the casino floor, handle guest disputes, witnesses pay out of Slot Jackpots, authorize/override Jackpots, and ensure all Title 31 rules and regulations are being adhered to.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Authorize and verify jackpots/overrides.
• Handle guest disputes/concerns up to $100 with guest satisfaction.
• Update and maintain guest files/data.
• Ensure machine accuracy with Jackpots and or reporting of any illegal activities.
• Dispatch and respond to radio calls.
• Check out BA Canister Release Key.
• Manage the floor by walking assigned area to ensure that all departmental and Company policies are being adhered to.
• Administrative Duties including, but not limited to: scheduling, various daily reports (shift, variance re-cap, override, etc.), disciplinary action, Team Member journaling, merit recognition and evaluation, and training/coaching.
• Establish and maintain guest relationships with all guests through regular day-to-day interaction with all internal and external guests.
• Responsible for start of shift: check-out radio, keys, and assess zone floor coverage.
• Responsible for end of shift: check-in radio, keys, and pass-on any pertinent information to incoming Slot Operations Supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position serves in a supervisory capacity. Responsibilities may include budgeting, hiring/terminations, Team Member relations issues, mentoring, and corrective actions. This position requires a mindful approach to resource management and is responsible for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; and at least one (1) year of experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and responds to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Must complete an in-house Introduction to Slot Operations class within the first three (3) months.
• Must complete Title 31 training (in-house) within the first year.
• Must complete an in-house course on Responsible Gaming within the first year.
• Proficient Knowledge of Computers and Software applications.
• Must be able to use an “in-ear” listening device for radio communications.
• Ability to work under stressful situations.
• Strong ability to handle change.
• Positive and friendly demeanor.
• Great communication skills.
• Extensive slot knowledge.
• Ability to work in a noisy environment.
• Ability to push, pull, and lift up to 70 lbs.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt