Golf Equipment Tech
The Golf Equipment Technician oversees a comprehensive preventive maintenance program for all golf course equipment.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Guest Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC).
• Supervises the Assistant mechanic and is responsible for maintenance of all golf course equipment.
• Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects/failures in various golf course maintenance equipment including diesel-, electric-, and gasoline-powered automobiles, trucks, trenchers, sweepers, rollers, mowers, and other mechanical equipment used in utility work.
• Assists in training of golf maintenance Team Members regarding preventive maintenance, and the proper cleaning of and safe operation of equipment.
• Prioritizes equipment repair and maintenance work.
• Maintains a preventive maintenance program within budget on all equipment, and purchases repair parts and replacement supplies.
• Keeps a complete set of records for equipment and parts inventory purchases, equipment conditions, costs of repairs and preventive maintenance for all equipment.
• Checks equipment for performance on the golf course, frequently makes emergency repairs to equipment on the course, and services or supervises servicing of equipment prior to use.
• Is responsible for shop area maintenance.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Golf Equipment Technician serves as “lead foreman” and assists the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent with management of Team Members as needed. The Team Member is responsible for protecting the assets of PRC.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least 3 years’ relative experience is required to successfully perform as a Golf Equipment Mechanic.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or Team Members of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also has the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to work with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Valid CA Driver’s License.
• Golf Course Equipment training schools such as Toro and Jacobson.
• Requires a working knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment and automotive apparatuses.
• Requires skill in the use of a variety of equipment repair tools, and the making of various types of mechanical repair.
• Requires a working knowledge of the theory, care, and operation of internal combustion engines and mowing equipment.
• Requires a working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the profession.
• An ability to diagnose mechanical troubles and determine appropriate maintenance work.
• An ability to communicate effectively and keep business records.
• A knowledge of and / or ability to play the game of golf and understand how job performance affects the playing conditions of the golf course.
• Requires a working knowledge of Golf Car maintenance both mechanically and electrically for fleet electric cars as well as utility cars.
• Fluent and skilled in Hydraulics systems, Diesel Engine repair and Specialty Mower sharpening.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.