IT Cloud Security Engineer
The Cloud Security Engineer is part of the Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC) Cloud Team, and is responsible for securing the cloud environment that provides solutions to the PRC Development Team and other PRC departments based on their requirements. The Cloud Security Engineer is responsible for building scalable, available, and secure architecture solutions based on architectural standards, availability of services, cost, network, security, storage, and governance considerations.
This position is open to be remote, however may require occasional on-site work.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Secure a highly available, scalable, cloud infrastructure with a focus on AWS.
• Implement technical security controls of networking, access management, and data protection.
• Configure, implement, monitor, and continuously optimize Palo Alto PrismaCloud.
• Manage other tools, including DataDog, CloudKnox, CloudCheckr, and Stealthwatch Cloud.
• Manage Palo Alto VM-Series and CN-Series firewalls.
• Build documented operational process and procedures to analyze, escalate, and assist in remediation of information security incidents.
• Write and enforce security policies in a cloud environment.
• Responsible for reviewing logs, writing alerts using DataDog SIEM.
• Identify, select, and document architecture artifacts (reference architectures, standards, policies, reusable designs, best practices) across data protection topics.
• Promote awareness of applicable security policies and standards.
• Respond to and handle security incidents.
• Perform web application and infrastructure penetration testing.
• Proactively identify potential threats and develop recommendations for corrective actions based on industry research and patterns identified within the environment.
• Support information security procedures to safeguard against inadvertent disclosure of confidential data.
• Other duties as assigned.
Accountability: This position does not have supervisory duties. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in IT, computer science, or related field.
• Minimum of five (5) years or more of relevant work experience.
• Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant, and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
• 10+ years working in an enterprise level environment.
• 7+ years working in the security field.
• 3+ years of experience implementing private/public and/or hybrid cloud environments.
• 1+ year experience in container technology like Docker, Kubernetes, or EKS.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals. This position also requires the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the community. The position also requires the ability to write justifications and recommendations, along with the ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors as required.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: The position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to accurately interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as defined by the Tribe’s insurance carrier.
Advanced knowledge of:
• Working in cloud-based environments.
• Linux system administration.
• Windows system administration.
• AWS Direct Connect and AWS PrivateLink.
• AWS VPC, IAM, S3, EC2, and Lambda.
• AWS Load Balancing (ALB, NLB, GLB).
• AWS Security Services (AWS Trusted Advisor, GuardDuty, CloudWatch, Inspector, WAF, CloudTrail, Network Firewall, and SecurityHub).
• Docker, Kubernetes, and EKS.
• Must have a high aptitude for understanding packet traces, logs, security event flow, and related technologies.
• Network Security – IPS/IDS, Zone Based Firewalls, Policy-Based Routing.
• IP Routing: BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP.
• Hands-on experience with SilverPeak SDWAN solution.
• Experience with VXLAN, Cisco CSR, and Nexus 9K.
• AWS Networking (VGW, TGW, DGW).
• Public cloud and private cloud architectures.
• AWS CLI, PowerShell, Terraform.
• Linux based tools.
• Ability to be self-motivated and resourceful with limited supervision.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Ability to prioritize initiatives and communicate effectively with leadership on these priorities.
• Ability to handle complex issues and problems.
• Must be flexible and willing to travel, work nights, weekends and holidays, and be on-call.