The Lead Lifeguard/Trainer responsibilities include providing professional and courteous service to every guest. Under the supervision and / or in the absence of the Manager or Supervisor, the Lead will ensure the safety of all guests and ensure effective performance of lifeguard functions and the entire pool operations; which involves rule enforcement for the prevention of accidents and accidental loss of life. Position provides standard first aid, assists with pool operational and maintenance responsibilities, and ensures favorable health conditions by helping ensure pool safety and sanitation standards are met during all periods of operational hours. Participates in and helps facilitate ongoing in-service training programs. Must possess excellent public relations and interpersonal skills; good verbal and written communication skills and generate appropriate reports regarding accidents, incidents and other communication as necessary for the Manager or Supervisor. Applicant must be proficient in first aid and CPR/AED and Lifeguard skills, swimming and rescue skills.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards and Core Values established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Greet all guests in courteous manner in accordance with department operating standards
• Recognize and respond to all situations safely and promptly
• To provide a high level of safety by preventing accidents and saving lives all in scenarios and rescue swimmers in danger of drowning and administers first aid when necessary
• Inspects, monitor and maintain facilities for cleanliness; in addition to health and sanitation standards
• Keeps management well informed of pool maintenance needs including cleaning, repairs and chemical adjustments
• Perform inventory and recognize when supplies and/or equipment need to be ordered and communicates the needs to Pool Management
• Provide clear direction, instruction and guidance to all Lifeguards. Attend and conduct staff meetings or daily pre-shift meeting to ensure timely and effective communication.
• Orients new lifeguards to job duties and responsibilities. Ensures that all lifeguards are current on their training and certifications
• Ensures all lifeguards performs in accordance with established safety regulations and policies
• With guidance of Pool Management, schedule, coordinates and conduct Lifeguard trainings and certifications
• Ability to effectively deal with internal/external guests and to identify and resolve guest concerns. Ensure high guest satisfaction in the delivery of services
• Assist with the scheduling of lifeguards to ensure adequate coverage of pool areas are maintained during operating hours
• Acts as the pool’s goodwill ambassador to all
• Maintain health and sanitation standards of the facility
• Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility, as well acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency
• Respond quickly, intelligently, decisively and in accordance with established emergency and accident management procedures
• Being alert, and using logical thinking to assess a situation where life and safety may be at risk
• Comply with Hotel policies and procedures as well as all departmental service guarantees
• Maintain a professional demeanor and a great attitude
• Perform all tasks accurately and in a timely manner
• Perform other job duties as assigned by management
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has supervisory responsibilities including department interviewing, hiring.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year of related experience working in a pool/resort setting and /or swim instructor training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. This position also requires the ability to print and speak simple sentences.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. This position also requires the ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Hotel Gaming license.
• Possession of/or the ability to possess a valid certification in CPR
• Possession of/or the ability to possess a valid Lifeguard and First Aid Certification
• Make eye contact while speaking
• Possess independent, enthusiastic, and energetic demeanor
• Ability to positively interact with the general public
• Ability to work under stressful situations
• Ability to use good judgement
• Ability to communicate effectively speak in English
• Ability to withstand high temperatures, heat and sun, and able to work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary
• Ability to work in a loud and smoke filled environment
• Knowledge of lifesaving methods and procedures including first aid and standard resuscitation methods
• Knowledge of pool equipment and maintenance
• Must be available to work weekends and/or holidays
• Must be flexible with hours and / or shifts
• Maintain favorable working relationships with all departments and team members, to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment
• Able to act independently while analyzing data and drawing conclusions from written and computer generated materials