The Accounts Payable Technician reports directly to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, performing various tasks related to accounts payable job functions. This position requires knowledge and competency in accounts payable principles and practices, as well as accuracy and attentiveness to detail.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Accurately and efficiently perform all Accounts Payable processes assigned including, but not limited to, receipt of all invoices, sorting, review for approvals, account numbers, discounts, and payment terms.
• Communicate frequently with outside vendors and internal customers both verbally and in writing on matters relating to Accounts Payable transactions.
• Process checks for payment and perform weekly and monthly balancing and reporting.
• Invoice and credit accounts involved within the Accounts Payable system.
• Balance and reconcile Accounts Payable to related General Ledger Accounts.
• Prepare properly authorized and approved invoices for payment by batching and inputting into the Ephesoft and Cloudsuite FSM payable system.
• Research and resolve vendor and/or departmental inquiries on invoice related issues.
• Audit Vendor invoices for errors, inconsistencies, and special conditions on the invoices and supporting documents.
• Resolve problems and respond to non-routine inquiries relating to accounts payable records, office policies, and operations.
• Prepare and send weekly check registers.
• Other duties as assigned.
Accountability: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. This position is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino, and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related field strongly preferred. Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training required; gaming, casino, hospitality industry preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos as well as the ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to communicate and present product information to customers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Skilled in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word, as well as Infor Cloudsuite FSM.
• Work successfully in a fast paced, high volume, and culturally diverse environment.
• Take minimal direction and be able to complete complex accounting assignments.
• Be attentive to detail and possess a high level of accuracy.
• Be able to take direction.
• Follow through with assigned tasks.
• Ability to be a team player; assist with any staffing shortages.
• Ability to work in a culturally diverse, fast-paced environment, and be open to change.
• Ability to receive constructive criticism and direction while remaining professional.
• Must be a positive role model who is highly motivated, resourceful, and possesses a strong work ethic.
• Must be highly organized and provide attention to detail and accuracy.
• Continually determine if all general ledger systems and processes necessary to meet your assignments are in place and report missing items to your supervisor timely.
• Positively contribute to a team that is willing and able to execute tasks and responsibilities in an accurate, timely and consistent manner.
• Interaction with tangent departments, Receiving, Purchasing, Warehouse and Inventory Control, is cooperative and productive.
• Be proactive in creating and improving accounting systems, processes, and tasks to help the department meet its responsibilities in an accurate, timely, and consistent manner.
• Support Company and departmental management, leadership, philosophies, beliefs, and culture.
• May require flexibility in work schedule with ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.