Director of Beverage
The Director of Beverage is responsible for the management and operation of all beverage outlets which includes: the successful coordination, administration, and direction of all beverage activities; maintaining and ensuring consistent high standards in quality, cost control, and inventory standards. The Director is also responsible for creating, developing, and implementing an effective organizational strategy within the Beverage department and sets objectives for future growth and expansion.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC).
• Ensure property compliance with laws and regulations applicable to the beverage department.
• Set priorities, provide guidance and assistance as needed, to beverage management.
• Establish performance and profit objectives for short and long term goals for beverage outlets.
• Prepare budgets and perform research/analysis for properties.
• Assist in the development, design, and layout of new beverage outlets.
• Responsible for labor, overtime, liquor, and all other costs of Beverage Departments in conjunction with relative Managers and Directors.
• Responsible for the implementation and adherence of all company policies established by PRC and Pechanga Development Corporation (PDC).
• Responsible for budget implementation and attainment with relative Beverage Management and Directors.
• Responsible for coordination of beverage service for all events, promotions, meetings, and conventions with Food & Beverage Department Managers to the level and standards expected by the Vice President of Food & Beverage and PRC.
• In conjunction with purchasing director review and recommend vendors based on reputation in the industry, quality, price, and dependability of product supply and delivery schedules.
• Proactive involvement in planning, review, and development of existing and future operations.
• Develop marketing and advertising plans for beverage outlets.
• Responsible for coordinating seasonal changes to menus and continual review of beverage product offerings and pricing.
• Establish relationships, maintain and coordinate the same with all other Departmental Management and staff to ensure operations are within the framework of their needs.
• Ensure adherence to Human Resource (HR) policies and all employee relations (ER) issues are addressed promptly and resolved. Also responsible for continual follow-up and follow through with HR and ER.
• Review all incidents and concerns of operations and make a report to VP of Food & Beverage on pertinent issues.
• Conduct performance reviews of Management quarterly.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position is responsible for managing the work of assigned Team Members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the PRC policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, reviewing, and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent is required. A minimum of eight (8) years relative experience is required to successfully perform this job; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style as well as the ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain an RBS certification.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
• Excellent communication and delegation skills.
• Effective motivational and leadership skills.
• Working knowledge of POS systems.
• Must be able to motivate, train, and discipline staff.
• Must understand the financial, operational, legal, and service issues involved in running a consistently superior beverage operation.
• Must be able to manage a large and diverse workload.
• Must be a strong administrator.
• Must speak fluent English.
• Ability to work effectively with all functional groups of the Company.
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
• Ability to speak in front of large groups of people.
• Must possess good knowledge of alcohol to include, spirits, wine, beers, and cordials.
• Must have excellent people management skills, the ability to manage multiple locations onsite, and possess superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be flexible and willing to travel; work nights, weekends, and holidays, and be on-call.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.