Team Member Experience Specialist
The Team Member (TM) Experience Specialist is responsible for event/project oversight and daily operational maintenance in the TM Experience Department. This position works under the direction of the TM Experience Manager and provides support in meeting business goals by coordinating, leading, collaborating, and facilitating various special projects and initiatives within the HR Division, in support of rewards and recognition at Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC). The specialist must be highly organized, well versed in technology, and have a demonstrated ability to work efficiently and effectively across a wide diversity of stakeholders. Priority consideration will be given to current Team Members of PRC.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Assist in the design, planning, purchasing, and event management for all rewards and recognition events and programs overseen by the HR Division.
• Assist in the research, evaluatation, and implemention of Team Member appreciation programs for PRC.
• Interface with the Learning & Development (L&D) Department and help develop new programs to enhance PRC morale.
• Research new programs and compare them against other companies in similar markets.
• Execute existing programs including, but not limited to: GEM (Going the Extra Mile) Award; Team Member, Supervisor, Manager of the Year Program; Guest Service Hero Program; Longevity Dinners; Team Member Summer/Holiday Celebration, Team Member Tournaments, Pechanga Talent Showcase; Team Member birthday cards; Team Member BINGO; and Team Member digital message boards.
• Partner with the Marketing Department and others to present information and promote cohesiveness through various communication platforms including the Daily Digest, Slack, Kiicha, digital display boards, and email communication.
• Coordinate and facilitate data collection for special projects and/or initiatives across the HR Division. Prepare reports of data results for review by senior leadership.
• Develop methods and procedures for compiling and analyzing data for reports and special projects.
• Ensure compliance with data privacy regulations and best practices.
• Coordinate and secure purchasing in support of program events and activities and with mindful consideration to budget. Inventory purchased items and product.
• Prepare and maintain internal and external reports as requested.
• Assist or prepare correspondence as requested, and perform other clerical duties as required.
• Schedule calendar meetings and serve as recorder and distributor of meeting minutes as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High School Diploma or GED is required; Bachelor's degree preferred. Three (3) years of experience in HR, events management, employee engagement/development, or rewards/recognition required. Experience with an applicant tracking system, CRM, DataMagine, Infor, and survey tool is preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other Team Members of the Company.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Intermediate Skills. Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers, and ability to multiply and divide by 10 and 100. Ability to perform these operations using units of U.S. currency, weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Intermediate Skills. Ability to use reasoning and understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved, written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems while remaining flexible and adaptable to help ensure the desired outcome.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and desire to establish and maintain the highest standards.
• Excellent understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong process improvement mindset.
• Strong computer skills with strong knowledge in MS Word/Excel and related software.
• Strong purchasing background to ensure the highest return-on-investment of goods and services.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws involving employment, HR, and HR policies.
• Ability to develop and maintain networks and relationships.
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
• Must attend required department meetings.
• Must demonstrate excellent customer service.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.