The electrician is responsible for all general electrical maintenance and repair of electrical problems throughout the facility in accordance with the standards the National Electrical Code and Pechanga Resort & Casino.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Responsible for preventative maintenance; checks all electrical panels to assure that wiring and breakers are in order using skills of the trade.
• Evaluate transformer loads and perform corrective action using appropriate tools and equipment.
• Must be capable of evaluating electrical panels and performing corrective action as required
• Performs electrical projects as assigned by the Electrical Supervisor alone or as required.
• Maintains inventory stock; responsible for backup systems being maintained at all times.
• Work closely with departments in the installation of new electrical systems using accepted standards.
• Act as a resource regarding departmental activities and operations using new designs and plans on file.
• Protects the assets of Pechanga Resort & Casino and maintains confidentiality and integrity when handling prints and project files.
• All other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: At least 4 years experience is required. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations are required. The position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry is required. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Valid California Drivers License
• Good organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Efficient with Microsoft based programs
• Ability to work under stressful situations
• Mentally strong and able to cope with challenges
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical manuals, procedures, government regulations, and blueprints
• Ability to review, organize and manage service contracts with outside contractors
• Positive attitude
• Professional demeanor
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.