EVS Assistant Manager
Under the direction of the Environmental Services (EVS) Manager, the EVS Assistant Manager is responsible for the direction, management, and coordination of daily operational needs of the department to include assisting with supervision of team members. This position is responsible for delivering quality and reliable environmental services to Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC) guests. The EVS Assistant Manager oversees all shifts, but primarily will be on shift during the evening going into the overnight periods. Supports the EVS Manager in order to ensure profitability by controlling costs while upholding the highest quality standards to ensure guest satisfaction.
The position provides technical expertise to the department and develops and implements procedures and programs necessary to maintain PRC in the most efficient and effective manner. This includes providing excellent customer service to our guests. Additionally, the incumbent will support, update and implement EVS programs, analyze feedback and adjust cleaning programs, schedules, and labor requirements accordingly.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Inspects, maintains and supports staff performance to ensure high guest satisfaction in the delivery of all services
• Oversees and ensures accountability for self, supervisors’, and team members’ compliance to all standard operating procedures and company policies by adhering to progressive disciplinary action
• Assists with development of short and long term goals of the department, operations, and staff
• Attends meetings, conducts staff meetings and pre-shifts
• Monitors department expenses to support the allotted budget for the EVS department. Analyzes costs on a regular basis
• Assists with payroll using company approved software for record keeping (i.e. Kronos or other)
• Manages, monitors and evaluates weekly schedules and daily workload assignments using company approved software (i.e. Virtual Roster or other)
• Evaluates all areas of the Casino systematically by completing daily Quality Assurance Inspections
• Communicates with supervisors assuring weekly projects are complete
• Inspects and examines cleaning equipment and recommends new equipment purchases to the administrative assistant
• Performs other job related duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position serves in a management capacity. Responsibilities may include hiring/terminations, employee relations issues, mentoring and corrective actions. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High School diploma or GED required. Associate’s Degree or equivalent technical school degree preferred. Minimum of three (3) years relevant work and one (1) year of supervisory experience required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be combined in lieu of degree/experience requirements.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Good verbal communication skills, required to assist with the development of policies and procedures, work schedules, disciplinary actions, and performance improvement activities
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license
• Must be highly motivated with a passion for service
• Demonstrated self-starter with skills in facilitating problem solving, motivating individuals and groups, and teaching/coaching others
• Experience working with all levels of staff and management, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Must be PC literate with background in Word and Excel with excellent organizational skills
• Available to work flexible shifts being on feet extended amounts of time
• Knowledge of hazardous materials and chemicals handling procedures and protocols requires
• Knowledge of Environmental services operations in an gaming industry setting as it relates to work standards, job descriptions, policies and procedures, quality control, EVS operations
• Demonstrate strong teamwork, timeliness, attention to detail and accuracy, project planning and coordination capabilities
• Management experience required with demonstrated experience in personnel management/supervision of staff, leadership and communication skills, use of budgets and other management control systems, and ability to delegate