The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for successfully maintaining, and repairing as needed, all mechanical equipment throughout the facility in accordance with the standards of Pechanga Resort Casino.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Maintain all mechanical and cosmetic items in guest rooms and public areas.
• Maintain in good working condition equipment and tools using accepted practices.
• Maintain the resort and casino using skills of the trade.
• Utilize available resources to accomplish daily tasks.
• Take a proactive approach in using best practices in the building and repair of assigned projects.
• Adhere to safety policies, procedures, and OSHA regulations using best practices.
• Complete assigned projects to accepted standards, on time, using tools and materials provided.
• Protect the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and maintain confidentiality and integrity when working across the property.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; must have four (4) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other Team Members of the Company.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Valid California Driver’s License.
• Ability to use, distinguish, and know the use of all maintenance tools.
• Ability to communicate with all Team Members and management.
• Good organization and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must have basic knowledge of plumbing and electrical.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast-paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.