Room Service Captain
Lead, supervise and give direction to fellow Team Members during his/her shift in the absence of a Manager or Assistant Manager. Deliver guest orders of food and beverage to our Hotel Rooms in an efficient and timely manner. Display professional, courteous, prompt and knowledgeable service of food and beverage, when in contact with any guest, to ensure the total satisfaction of our guests’ experience. Cooperate with and assist coworkers in achieving all goals of the department. Follow all appropriate policies and procedures of the department and Pechanga Resort and Casino, while striving to improve the overall standard of our operation and service. Always display a 4 Diamond commitment to Customer Service through performance and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort & Casino. Uphold PR&C’s expectations: Service Guarantees, Core Values and being “Simply the Best”
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Take decisive action to resolve any guest complaints during his/her shift.
• Train new Food Servers in all duties and responsibilities of their position.
• Demonstrate leadership of Food Servers, Bussers, Order Takers and Mini bar Attendants during his/her shift in the absence of a Manager or Assistant Manager.
• Acquire detail knowledge of food menu’s, wine and beverage lists.
• Correctly enter guest order into point of sale system.
• Set up, deliver and serve “call down” orders, as well as “Fast Track” orders in an expedient manner, at all times during the day.
• Be capable of full set up and delivery of special Amenity orders.
• Take responsibility for restocking and refilling all items used during the shift.
• Complete all assigned side work.
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of work area on a continuing basis.
• Take responsibility for the schedule and completion of weekly cleaning duties.
• Exercise diligence during his/her shift in removal of tables/trays from guest rooms and hallways promptly on request or as needed.
• Show the capability of performing the duties of all positions within the department including Food Server, Busser, Order Taker and Minibar Attendant.
• Other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Room Service Captain position leads, supervises and gives direction to fellow team members during his/her shift in the absence of a Manager or Assistant Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least 2 years relative experience is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Furthermore, this position requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Gaming License
• Food Handlers license
• TIPS Certification or equivalent
• Knowledge of basic computer skills
• Ability to learn basic software programs used by the Room Service Department
• Friendly, outgoing personality
• Possess the ability and desire to fulfill all guest requests and needs
• Demonstrate the capability to remain calm and courteous in stressful situations
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.