Creative Studios Supervisor
As part of the Marketing Department, Pechanga Creative Studios is the production team at Pechanga Resort Casino that creates engaging video content for all facets of this diverse resort property, including broadcast television, digital marketing, in-room hotel content, sponsorships, public relations and internal department support. The Creative Studios Supervisor is responsible for the coordination and execution of all aspects of post-production including editing, motion graphics and visual effects, as well as involvement in every phase of pre-production and production of in-house, broadcast television, internet and social media video content. Unlike a typical post-production supervisor, this is also a creative position and requires expert level skills in editing, motion graphics, 3D animation and Visual Effects.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Supervises a team of editors and motion graphic designers
• Supervises the post-production process for all videos made by Pechanga Creative Studios
• Supervises the creation of motion graphics including lower thirds, locators, composited elements, end tags, and fully animated pieces
• Supervises creation of VFX on set and in post-production
• Collaborates with a core video team to push industry boundaries and create exciting digital content
• Converses directly with client regarding status and details of video pieces; ensures alignment with their vision
• Executes within strong brand guidelines
• Establishes and maintains processes and schedules to ensure development and timely delivery of quality assets
• Independently edits video, mix sound, and color correct footage to execute on the concept of each project
• Designs style frames, storyboards, and motion graphics concepts
• Understands specs and creates content for a large variety of digital platforms
• Uses Da Vinci Resolve for high-end color grading of broadcast quality video
• Delegates and motivates team of editors to maintain daily production schedule
• Responsible for output materials for media
• Assists in the day-to-day operations of the Creative Studios Manager and the Creative Studios Director
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Deliver on time in a fast-paced environment
• Maintain organized project assets
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position serves in a supervisory capacity. Responsibilities may include budgeting and forecasting, hiring/terminations, employee relations issues, mentoring and corrective actions. Team Member is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: Minimum of a high school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred. Minimum of five (5) years’ experience is required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This position also requires the ability to write simple correspondence. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position also requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, expressions and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position is the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license
• Must be highly creative, incorporating graphics, video, animation, sound, and music into compelling and cutting-edge video content for Pechanga Resort Casino
• Mastery of compelling visual storytelling
• Advanced understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema 4D, VFX compositing and DaVinci Resolve
• Full understanding of 4K+ video workflows, codecs and standards
• Knowledge of video color science, scopes and grading tools
• Knowledge of audio mixing and delivery standards
• Must have experience in creating original content
• Ability to execute on the artistic vision needed to properly showcase the resort
• Management skills and ability to adapt to change with a positive attitude
• Work in a fast-pasted atmosphere with daily deadlines and with minimal supervision
• Must be a self-starter, maintain a positive attitude, follow direction, and follow through on assigned tasks
• Must be flexible with shifts and hours worked as property is 24/7
• Applicant must submit reel/portfolio to be considered prior to being considered for an interview.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
OVERTIME EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt