Cabinet Shop Supervisor
The Cabinet Shop Supervisor is responsible for supervising all Cabinet Makers on an assigned shift and the construction, maintenance and repair of cabinets and other FF&E throughout the resort in accordance with the standards of Pechanga Resort & Casino. Must be knowledgeable with all woodworking hand tools and equipment associated with a cabinet shop member.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Ability to complete start and see projects through to completion
• Responsible for ordering materials and equipment
• Prepares work estimates
• Prepares or interprets drawings and/or blueprints
• Responsible for supervising and coordinating staff assigned to the manufacture and repair of Furniture Fixtures & Equipment (FF&E)
• Uses automated machinery, such as computerized numerical control (CNC) machines
• Is responsible to know how to set-up, operate, maintain, and tend CNC Router, CNC Bore and Dowel, CNC Edge bander, Case Clamp, and various hand tools including; routers, sanders, screw guns, and wood-nailing machines.
• Some duties include: fitting parts together using glue and clamps; reinforcing joints using nails or screws; trimming joints; sanding wooden surfaces and applying veneer, stain, or polish to finished products; repairing or restyling wooden furniture or fixtures; making outlines or dimensions on wood
• Builds, maintains, and installs all cabinetry using skills of the trade
• Utilizes available resources to accomplish daily tasks
• Takes a proactive approach in using Best Practices in the manufacture and repair of assigned projects
• Adheres to safety policies and procedures and OSHA regulations using best practices
• Completes assigned projects to accepted standards on time using tools and materials provided
• Responsible for the proper maintenance and operation of the equipment and all associated mechanical and electrical systems related to same
• Protects the assets of Pechanga Resort & Casino and maintains confidentiality and integrity when working within the resort and casino
• Performs other work related duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has supervisory responsibilities that include hiring, terminations, corrective actions, team member relation issues and budgeting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: One year certificate from college or technical school is required; Ten (10) years of experience with Cabinet Shop equipment and associated systems, and must be able to read blue prints; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This position also requires the ability to write simple correspondence. The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: The position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. The position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: The position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. The position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Valid California Drivers License
• Knowledge of and ability to operate and repair all Cabinet Shop specific tools and equipment
• Ability to communicate with all employees and management personnel
• Good project management and organizational communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to operate and repair or have repaired Cabinet Shop equipment
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.