Pechanga Cafe Chef
Effective Management of Culinary Department. Establishes Project plans and timelines to achieve department goals and objectives. Mentors subordinate supervisors on effective performance management skills to ensure the development of a capable work force
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Provide leadership and guidance to one team members in the preparation and serving of high quality and great tasting meals according to dietary restrictions.
• Identify and correct defects, implement continuous quality improvement procedures and maintain highest levels of sanitation and safety in all department areas.
• Execute the financial objectives of the operation to include food cost, labor cost and controllable expenses.
• Execute an active repertoire of dishes to advance the culinary experience of the outlet staff, and be effective in communicating curriculum to team members through ongoing training programs.
• Completes daily and weekly inventory to ensure proper ordering. Establishes par for all purchasing as well as production.
• Protects the assets of Pechanga Resort & Casino and maintains confidentiality and integrity when accessing team member information maintained in departmental files/systems.
• Responsible for overseeing the operational aspects of the kitchen division in meeting set standards.
• Administrative and operational support to the executive chef in meeting all divisional set targets.
• Must be able to demonstrate new cooking techniques, recipes and equipment to kitchen staff.
• Assist in daily operation of the kitchen as needed. Provides all line staff with the necessary tools and equipment for safe food handling.
• Maintain a high level of safety and sanitation.
• Instill budgetary controls using established budget on an everyday basis.
• Assists in supervising chefs, cooks and line staff in daily operations.
• Assist in planning, preparing and serving of all food items and menus. Train kitchen staff on the execution of said items.
• Check all walk in coolers and freezers daily to insure proper rotation, storage and usage of all food items.
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to plan organize and operate all stations in their outlet
The F&B Chef position has supervisory responsibilities that include departmental hiring, corrective action, terminations, forecasting & budgeting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and /or at least 8 years experience (including 3 years as a chef) is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Serve Safe Certification/ valid Food Handlers Card preferred.
• Proficient with Word, Excel, Stratton Warren
• Firm understanding and practical application of Health and Safety standards/laws.
• Knowledge of all aspects of kitchen and culinary operations.
• Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Familiar with traditional/contemporary methods of preparing and presenting local, regional, national and international styles of food.
• Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
• Must be able to work any day of the week and scheduled shift.