The primary role of a dispatcher is to coordinate communications with all parties involved in Casino operations.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Operate a variety of communications equipment including radio systems, various telephone systems, recording equipment and computer systems in accordance with Federal Communications Commission regulations, department policy and standard operating procedures.
• Operate radio, mobile telephone and paging equipment; maintain continuous contact with team members in the field in order to monitor location and exchange of information.
• Monitor security alarms/surveillance equipment located in assigned areas;
• Assist in the on-the-job training of new employees learning the techniques and procedures of dispatching, operating radio equipment and operating CAD equipment.
• Other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have any supervisory or managerial responsibility
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: At least 3 years experience is required to successfully perform this job. One year certificate from college or technical school is preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence; speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Calculate figures and amounts. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry if needed.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense when carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office programs;
• Knowledge of camera operations;
• Must be detailed oriented;
• Learn the codes, techniques and procedures used in dispatching, operating radio, telephone, call directory, telecommunications devices, multi-channel recorders, playback machines, CAD systems;
• Accomplish tasks in a controlled and competent manner while working in a stressful environment;
• Follow oral and written directions quickly and accurately;
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees;
• Complete assigned clerical tasks with accuracy and speed.
• Knowledge of general public safety radio and telephone communications systems and police and fire emergency procedures.
• Ability to answer multiple phone lines while inputting data; multi-tasking.
• Type 45 wpm.
• Must be a self-starter, maintain a positive attitude, follow direction, and follow through on assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible with shifts and hours worked as property is 24/7
• Must possess ability to think clearly and act quickly in emergencies.
• Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.