The primary role of a dispatcher is to coordinate communications with all parties involved in Casino operations.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Operate a variety of communications equipment including radio systems, various telephone systems, recording equipment and computer systems in accordance with Federal Communications Commission regulations, department policy and standard operating procedures.
• Operate radio, mobile telephone and paging equipment; maintain continuous contact with team members in the field in order to monitor location and exchange of information.
• Monitor security alarms/surveillance equipment located in assigned areas;
• Assist in the on-the-job training of new employees learning the techniques and procedures of dispatching, operating radio equipment and operating CAD equipment.
• Other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have any supervisory or managerial responsibility
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: At least 3 years experience is required to successfully perform this job. One year certificate from college or technical school is preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence; speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Calculate figures and amounts. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry if needed.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense when carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office programs;
• Knowledge of camera operations;
• Must be detailed oriented;
• Learn the codes, techniques and procedures used in dispatching, operating radio, telephone, call directory, telecommunications devices, multi-channel recorders, playback machines, CAD systems;
• Accomplish tasks in a controlled and competent manner while working in a stressful environment;
• Follow oral and written directions quickly and accurately;
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees;
• Complete assigned clerical tasks with accuracy and speed.
• Knowledge of general public safety radio and telephone communications systems and police and fire emergency procedures.
• Ability to answer multiple phone lines while inputting data; multi-tasking.
• Type 45 wpm.
• Must be a self-starter, maintain a positive attitude, follow direction, and follow through on assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible with shifts and hours worked as property is 24/7
• Must possess ability to think clearly and act quickly in emergencies.
• Ability to speak clearly and concisely.