Cage Operations Pit Clerk
The Cage Operations Pit Clerk is responsible to perform a variety of accounting, record keeping, clerical and data entry functions related to players and table games; dissemination of player and table games information as requested.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Creates and ensures a fun-filled, entertaining and exciting environment where the flawless delivery and execution of service excellence is paramount.
• Adhere to and ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, SOPs, and internal controls and government regulations.
• Effectively communicate with supervisors and obtain required approvals and acknowledgements according to established policies and procedures.
• Interact with department and colleagues in a professional and positive manner to foster good rapport, promote team spirit and ensure effective two-way and cross-culture communications.
• Check for holds and stop codes before giving marker availability.
• Print, secure, redeem and be accountable for markers.
• Ensure integrity and security of documents and information.
• Verify customer signature on markers against casino records.
• Transfer markers to casino cage.
• Compare customer ID against system information.
• Enter and verify manual player rating discrepancies.
• Verify that cash transactions from ratings are correctly indicated in the Title 31 system.
• All entries are to be accurate and completed in a timely manner.
• Notify supervisor for all marker and rating discrepancies.
• Inventory and stock pits.
• Obtain new and/or replacement rewards cards for customers.
• Answer pit phones.
• Assist in the collection of run down for each game.
• Replace shuffler machines if needed
• Make copies of HIT sheet, tracking sheet, CTR, MTL, W9, daily pit logs and roadmaps.
• Places schedules in binders and post in the Pencil.
• Enter closers into Table View at the end of shift.
• Work closely with table games department under the pit clerk supervisor’s direction.
• Other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma; and pit clerk experience is required; or someone who demonstrates thorough 10-key skills and average computer knowledge; or a combination of education and/or experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for satisfactory job performance is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires good communication skills; must be fluent in reading, writing, understanding and speaking English.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: N/A
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires good analytical and problem solving skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Qualify to obtain class “A” gaming license
• Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
• Ability to adapt to and embrace technological changes.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: N/A
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.