Lead Massage Therapist
The Lead Massage Therapist performs massages and body treatments ensuring that all spa guests receive a spa experience that exceeds their expectations. The Lead Massage Therapist also provides supervision over the massage therapists in the spa and maintains favorable working relationships with all departments and Team Members, to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Perform massage and body services that meet the established guidelines for the type of service offering that fulfill guest expectations.
• Perform all treatments on services menu based upon current licensure.
• Greet customers, review treatments, and clarify any questions; make recommendations as related to treatments or retail.
• Ensure guest satisfaction in the spa by performing services that exceed guest and associate safety before, during, and after spa treatments.
• Ability to effectively address internal/external guests and to identify and resolve guest concerns. Ensure high guest satisfaction in the delivery of services.
• Ensure appointments occur at reserved time with no delay.
• Demonstrate awareness of guest experience at all times; smile and make eye contact, communicate professionally.
• Maintain a high level of product knowledge with complete knowledge of all spa service presently offered. Understand ingredients in products and explain their benefits to guests.
• Work with safety as a priority, and follow department and company safety standards.
• Understand and use precautions when providing services.
• Understand and adhere to department policies and procedures, embrace Company and department culture, and take pride in the resort and amenities.
• Maintain a positive, enthusiastic attitude while embracing the Company core values.
• Clean and disinfect all equipment on a daily basis.
• Assist and attend any special events onsite of off-site, including after-hour events.
• Remain current on staff licensure and certifications and professional requirements.
• Facilitate trainings of therapists.
• Mentor therapeutic staff in respectful and honest manner.
• Check stocks of supplies and order replenishment; control their use and security.
• Perform all tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position serves in a supervisory capacity. Responsibilities may include budgeting, hiring/terminations, Team Member relations issues, mentoring, and corrective actions. This position requires a mindful approach to resource management and is responsible for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one (1) year experience; or equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant, and direct experience may be considered.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format, as well as, the ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “H” gaming license.
• Current California State Massage License (CAMTC).
• Valid California State Cosmetology license or State Manicurist license.
• Esthetician license is required to perform facial treatments.
• Minimum of 500 hours of massage training preferably from an accredited/approved massage school to perform massages.
• Must be able to make decisions as they pertain to day-to-day operations and in the absence of the Spa Manager.
• Ability to provide clear direction, instruction and guidance. Attend a variety of meetings and conduct staff meetings or daily pre-shift meeting to ensure timely and effective communication and train new Team Members.
• May be required to work with dangerous chemicals.
• Strong computer experience in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to communicate in a clear, precise, positive, and professional manner.
• Ability to work well under pressure; remain calm and alert, especially during stressful situations, serving as a leader and role model for other Team Members.
• Be alert, and use logical thinking to assess a situation where life and safety may be at risk.
• Must be guest service and solution oriented.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English.
• Must have the ability to manage deadlines.
• Previous Spa experience or other related customer service experience preferred.
• Must be flexible and available to work any shift, weekends, and/or holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.