Direct Marketing Strategist
The Direct Marketing Strategist will design and implement strategies for customer targeted campaigns, while supporting overall business strategy and objectives. This position is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of targeted offers, guest satisfaction insight and free-to-play gaming. This position reports to the Director of Loyalty Marketing.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Manages the organization’s email channel to promote products or services directly to on-line customers; Oversees and enhances customer engagement, loyalty, and retention; and oversees all centrally-coordinated email projects including technical coding, content, data/list guidance, and timelines
• Develops and supervises marketing tests and new programs
• Supervises the Direct Marketing team by collaborating with and assigning tasks to Direct Marketing Specialist(s)
• Develops and tests HTML/CSS code for template email design to render across all platforms
• Implements personalization approaches using real-time data
• Tracks and monitors KPIs with a proven ability to make data-driven insights for business optimization.
• Adapts programs to current consumer privacy best practices
• Manages program automations for customer journeys
• Tracks emerging guest insight through survey design and deployment, while providing results to key stakeholders.
• Collaborates with database resources in determining guest insight reporting layout and data requirements to display copy in an accurate and concise manner.
• Recommends and implements strategies to achieve marketing goals for assigned products and services across multiple departments, product lines, or market segments; executes direct marketing strategy to increase customer visitation and to positively impact casino revenues
• Works with internal client groups to establish shared business objectives and goals, while developing channel specific strategies including email, mail, SMS and push notifications.
• Creative ability to entice new players into online promotions and increase online/in-app engagement following monthly promotional calendar
• Increases player’s database with new customers with online promotions and offers, including digital brand and acquisition programs.
• Maintains relationship with external partners including; creative mailer proofing, invoice processing, real-time email content, email deliverability strategies and drive guest insight participation.
• Works closely with database marketing on audience segmentation and targeting, data quality and hygiene, campaign development and refining messaging.
• Works closely with design and video teams for enhanced customer experiences in content creation
• Works closely with digital marketing for unified voice in messaging and content
• Provides content and copy instruction for targeted promotional campaigns including asset requests, review, editing and approval.
• Partners with cross-functional teams to create campaign assets, and identifies gaps in processes and improvement of workflow enhancements.
• Monitors, tracks and communicates campaign deliverability performance and adjusts strategy accordingly
• Responsible for researching email and other targeted communication best practices
• Assesses departmental technologies annually, including email, mail and push notifications and participates in the onboarding of technology platforms.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position serves in a management capacity. Responsibilities may include hiring/terminations, employee relations issues, mentoring and corrective actions. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort and Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or a related field required. Minimum of four (4) years Marketing and/or direct Marketing retention experience. Minimum of two (2) years of direct marketing experience working with email, mail and communication platforms required. Marketing collateral and copy review skills and experience are highly desirable. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be combined in lieu of degree/experience requirements.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires excellent communications skills: written, oral and presentation. This position also requires well developed internal communications capabilities.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires an understanding of the complexities and importance of content tagging, commenting, long tail search, search engine optimization, content popularity.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Obtain and maintain a Class “A” Gaming license
• Comprehensive understanding of interactive technologies and relationship marketing
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS and web design; familiarity with Web 2.0 technologies.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines and work well with multiple stakeholders in a cross-functional and information sharing environment; Demonstrate multi-platform competency
• Must have an understanding of the complexities and importance of email/mail best practices, guest survey design and creative layout.
• Ability to work to urgent deadlines and juggle multiple high-priority tasks, maintain high standards and have a keen attention to detail
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships, maintain confidentiality, and operate in sensitive environments
• Proven success and demonstrated creative abilities in the development and implementation of successful communication programs, ability to measure and report the success of digital strategies
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.