Pechanga Gas Station & Convenience Store Supervisor
The Gas Station and Convenience Store (“Station”) are an integral part of the Pechanga Resort & Casino “hospitality experience”. The Station offers a wide range of products and services including convenience and grocery items, gasoline, car wash and quick service Mexican food. The Supervisor is jointly responsible for the successful operation of the Station. Our Station operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Supervisor is to instil in all staff the requirement to provide each customer with a “first rate experience” comparable to the Four Diamond rating earned by our Resort & Casino.
The Supervisor must be a team player, remaining flexible as to scheduling hours and filling in for absent employees. This position backs up and under fills in the absence of the Manager. It will require working all shifts including nights and weekends. Further, the Supervisor must be available for telephone or paging should an emergency arise.
This position is under general direction of the Gas Station Manager with the primary function to assist in management of subordinates and operations of the Station. The Supervisor learns the responsibilities of the Manager so that he/she can assist when the Manager is absent.
• Assist in the daily operations of the Gas Station, Convenience Store, Car Wash and all of its property and employees.
• Maintain, at all times, a courteous, tactful relationship with our customers.
• Maintain, at all times, a clean, well-lighted environment for our customers including the pump islands, car wash area, landscaping, driveways and parking lot, interior of building, floors, shelves, coolers, storage areas, eating areas and restrooms.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with staff.
• Complete periodic physical inventory counts.
• Supervise product delivery, unloading, stocking and checking quality of merchandise and stock.
• Verify, review, and approve invoices.
• Monitor and investigate inventory discrepancies.
• Become familiar with vendors and purchasing functions.
• Assist Manager with monitoring fuel and convenience store profit margins each day and adjust retail prices for best yield consistent with customer patronage.
• Assist Manager with preparing snack, beverage and tobacco and alcohol orders for replenishment of inventory.
• Ensure that items are placed in optimal visual locations for fast turnover.
• Ensure that all delivery of food, tobacco and beverage items are properly received by personnel and correctly recorded into inventory.
• Learn Policies, Rules & Regulations and apply them using fairness and good judgment.
• Carry out verbal and written instructions from the Manager and follow-through in the completion of all assignments.
• Identify problems, analyze data, and propose solutions to the Manager.
• A high school diploma and at least 21 years of age.
• Ability to manage people and experience as a Gas Station and Convenience Store Assistant Manager or equivalent with experience in inventory control
• Basic computer literacy (Microsoft Office) including use of computerized Gas Station software, Point Of Sale systems and inventory management software.
• Knowledge of office equipment including telephone, fax, credit card processors and cash register/POS systems.
• Ability to relate with visitors and staff; maintain a positive attitude and sense of humor at all times. Excellent interpersonal skills in relating with customers and staff.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.